Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPhone on vodafone
  • flatfish
    Free Member

Is it ok on the vodafone network or am I better switching to o2?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Vodafone here…I've found it fine. Mrs deadly is on O2 though – I think O2 users get a better deal on data – unlimited as opposed to Vodafone's "unlimited" which seems to meen 1 Gb a month. I don't use it for listening to radio and other data heavy applications. E-mailing and general surfing has used around 120 meggerbyties type things.

clubber
    Free Member

I've got mine on o2 but I'd def choose Vodafone now for the better network coverage.

Jamze

I've had both, was on O2 for a couple of years and now Vodafone.

Depends on where you are of course, but for me, Vodafone coverage is better. Seem to get 3G pretty much anywhere now, with O2 would often only get GPRS/Edge.

Contract deals seem pretty much identical. There is a 1 gig data cap on Vodafone, O2 is 'unlimited' but I was surprised how little data I used when I started monitoring it. Would think I'm an above average user, but use much less than 500 meg a month. Something to be aware of if you plan to tether the phone to a laptop for data.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had one on pre order with Vodafone but sent it back and cancelled the contract in the first week. The iphone (regardless of network) is a less capable phone that the Nokia I was using before so I got zero signal at home while the Nokia would still make calls.

Vodafone don't support visual voicemail (which allows you to see who's left a message before dialling in to hear the message).

If you want to set up your email using their outgoing survey, be aware it's very overloaded and poorly and they have no plans to up grade it. If you want to use an email address that doesn't have an outgoing surver which will work with mobile devices (like NTL for example) you'll need to route through a googlemail account or such.

There's also no facility (don't know if they is all iphone or just vodafone) to monitor how many texts a single message takes.

I still like the iphone, I'm tempted to have another look when the 4g comes out but I'll look at all networks then unlike this time when I just took Vodafone as they were "my" network. They've left me feeling rather let down and messed around very the whole iphone thing. They really didn't have the customer service systems in place to deal with it.

On the subject of tethering, there's an extra charge on Vodafone if you try to tether your iphone! Don't know if other networks are the same though.

Jamze

DIdn't know about Vodafone not supporting visual voicemail. Pretty poor show. It's a nice feature, assumed I'd lost it when switching to Vodafone cos I'm on a £20 SIM-only and not a 'proper' iPhone contract.

Is the Vodafone outgoing email server any worse than O2 or Orange? Haven't used it for years – way forward (if you are OK with the privacy issues) seems to be googlemail.

Got unlimited txts, so txt thing hasn't crossed my mind. Yep, they all charge for tethering. O2 a bit cheaper than Vodafone if I remember right.

Drac

I'm with Vodafone. Can't say the visual voice mail bothers me and as for outgoing emails, I use my own anyway so not bothered about that.

1gb of bandwidth seems more than enough for me.

So far it's great a fantastic phone that for once is genuinely more than phone, I have loads entered on mine now as it's so easy to do with all the apps and a simple interface.

simon_g

I consider myself quite a heavy user (but not piss-taking, streaming video or spotify or anything like that) and won't usually use more than 150-200Mb a month, so Vodafone's allowance would be fine.

My work phone is with vodafone and their data network is a lot better, probably because there aren't thousands of people on it with iphones hammering away. That might change, obviously – when I change phones though (probably when the next iphone comes along) I'll probably move over.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPhone on vodafone’ is closed to new replies.