Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Iphone ebay lcd & digitiser replacements
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Anyone fitted one. Crashed into tree today with phone in pocket. I know I know. First time ever had phone in pocket on bike too. Any hoo, is the quality of the display the same? Any links to recommended sellers. Any advice much appreciated. Don’t crash into trees, I know.

jam-bo

Guy at work has done two. Takes about two hours. Slight colour difference when side by side but not noticeable on its own

Militant_biker

I needed to replace the home button on a 3G. This involved a new screen and digitizer as they break when you take it all to bits. Anyway, first time the ebay shop sent a 3GS part, which didn’t fit. Whilst dealing with returning that, I bought another, assembled front as the first time had been an uber fiddle. On that one, earpiece didn’t work and it didn’t fit together well. 🙁 But screen quality seemed fine…

So, if you’re good with fiddly connectors and the like, buy the bits and do it yourself. Plenty of youtube videos to guide you.

mulacs

I’ve used parts4ipods a few times, pretty good service. iFixit are the people for the instructions. And i’d get yourself a magnetic screwdriver too, those screws are tiny…

RustyNissanPrairie

Im an engineer technician/mechanic/grease monkey/tinkerer etc etc. can rebuild anything but hate dealing with phones-fiddly little buggers with stupid little cables, clips and screws.

Sell it on ebay, buy a new one or blag an apple store technerd and tell him the home button is sticking.

Do not attempt to pull it apart-trust me.

AlasdairMc

Strangely I found taking my 3GS apart to be a piece of cake. Just lay out each component and screw in the order you removed it, and it’s easy to simply reverse that order to replace everything. A tiny flat screwdriver is useful for attaching the ribbon cables to the connectors.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I got my ipod touch apart OK but broke an lcd on re-assembly, also couldn’t get the screen to sit perfectly flat.

I’m pretty handy but found it very fiddly, prising stuff apart takes a surprising amount of effort, and you imagine the wee plastic lugs will snap!

CountZero

One of the girls I work with has a 3Gs. So far she’s managed to smash the screen three times, by waving her hands around and accidentally letting go of the phone! She just orders a new screen and gets her work colleague to replace it for her. He’s got real good at it now…

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cheers folks. I’m very good at fiddling with tiny things 😯 so I’ll have a bash.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Iphone ebay lcd & digitiser replacements’ is closed to new replies.