Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Iphone cycling apps
  • thehustler
    Free Member

OK flame me for being sad but……I have been off my bike for a while and have just signed up to do a london to Paris road ride next July.

Obviously I am going to need to train for this,I have found the motionX app to help with training etc, but does anyone know of anything else similar or better?

Btw means the cove is gonna need Dusting off for some off road fun to build fitness oo, so not all bad ;0

GrahamS

What sort of thing do you want it to do exactly?

I really like the MotionX GPS app (and it does offer voice coaching if that is useful).

thehustler
    Free Member

I want to track/compare routes and times to complete to see how training is going, details of climbing etc would be nice too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    drofluf
    Free Member

iMapMyRide will do that for you.

dr_death
    Free Member

Cyctastic and cyclemeter are the best two that I have found, but I've not quite decided which I like most yet….

clubber
    Free Member

I've tried most and now settled on everytrail (the paid for one. Free available too)

Allows you to save trails, maps, pics, vids etc and is properly ios4 compatible so runs in background.

I liked motionx too but sharing is only by twitter and fb and I prefer to use a separate website that's more useable and easier to track your riding.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

I find Endomondo really good;

http://www.endomondo.com

Good for tracking progress and comparing with friends etc. Decent website too

Jamie
    Free Member

Cyclemeter is brilliant. The amount of stuff it can do is very impressive.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I want one that uses tilt sensor and gps to work out how fast and how gnar you are/aren't and then shouts words of errr, 'advice' and 'encouragement' as you mince you way down the big southern softy trails we only have here.

meandyuk

I'm hopefully gettting a new iphone on friday and will definately be looking at some cycling apps…

what i'm concerned about though is how long you can leave the app going before the battery dies??

thehustler
    Free Member

I used the motionX one for a bit over an hour last night, didn't seem to 'chew' much battery, was just wondering what else is around

martinh
    Free Member

I use Runkeeper. Excellent app and good website too

Jamie
    Free Member

what i'm concerned about though is how long you can leave the app going before the battery dies??

At the weekend I got a 4hr 20min ride logged with Cyclemeter and the battery wasn't dead yet. Probably another 30-45 mins left on it. Cyclemeter gives these tips to save battery:

Cyclemeter

spacemonkey

I'm going to give Everytrail a go because neither Sportypal or Trailhead seem to run properly in the background (haven't checked if they're 4 compliant). PITA because as soon as you take a snap or make a call, the whole thing stops and you can lose your route history. Shames, cos Sportypal worked a treat on Android.

nickc

Go and ride your bike? You know for long distances…Are you going to forget your route once you've done it a couple of times?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Iphone cycling apps’ is closed to new replies.