Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Iphone battery question
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Recently picked up a 3GS and am pleased with it so far but if used to browse/play games etc the battery needs charging every 1-2 days.
    In the “olden” days I seem to recall that if you charged a phone battery mid charge there was a danger that you could give the battery a “false” memory and that the recommendation was that you should (almost) fully discharge it.
    Is it OK to recharge an Iphone at any point in its state of charge or am I best off waiting for it to nearly run out?
    Cheers
    Steve

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Batteries don’t have ‘memories’ any more, that was the old ni-cad and ni-mih stuff. The new lithium polymer stuff is pretty much immune to it. 🙂

z1ppy

bejesus your lucky if your last 1-2 days, mine’s charged every night without fail – though it’s hardly the end of the world having to do this. Admittedly it does seem ‘slightly’ better with iOS5 installed, but it been the same since new and is over 2 years old now.

Cougar

The short answer is, don’t worry about it. Plug it in overnight.

GrahamS

am I best off waiting for it to nearly run out?

I’m pretty sure I remember reading that the worst thing you can do with Li-Pol batteries is drain them completely.

Not sure where I read that tho: possibly somewhere on http://batteryuniversity.com/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Iphone battery question’ is closed to new replies.