Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • iphone 4s – battery issues
  • howarthp

Just got an iphone, having moved from a Blackberry. Seems that there is a big battery drain issue meaning I go from full charge to nothing with no use in approx 6hrs. Completely defeating the point of a smart phone I’ve deleted all apps, turned off notifications, location and don’t use iCloud. Done a full restore, all to no avail.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? It’s all over the Apple forums but there does not seem to be an answer

I expect to get an Android recommendation….

Drac

Not had that problem with mine, if I don’t use it even with wifi on it’ll last ages. Do you have an Apple store near you, they’ll be very helpful.

convert

email set to push?

Are you in a flaky network area or somewhere that flips from 3G to 2G – not that you can do much about this?

Can’t help much further – whilst mine is not great, I can get 2 days out of it if its in my back pocket more than in my hand.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Carry a spare battery…Oh… 😳

plus-one

Mine ok too get full day even with fair bit of
    Playing … I guess you have checked but is it running
    iOS 5.1 ? This did help battery issues from iOS 5

howarthp

Thanks for replies (I carry my charger!)

I’m in a good network area, on 5.1, deactivated push, no Siri…

Milkie
    Free Member

It’s a new phone.. Were you using it constantly for 6 hours? Or was it just on standby…

If it is a new phone, battery will not be the best until you have charged it a few times. If it’s gaming, then I would expect 6 hours or less.

Set your time zone manually
    Goto, Location Services/System Services..
    Turn off Diagnostics, iAds, Setting Time Zone
    Turn off Wi-Fi if not connected
    Don’t have the screen too bright, this can drain the battery like every smartphone.

I get 1-2 Days, use everything and now even jailbroken and still have good battery life.

Cougar

Apple store, sir?

GrahamS

full charge to nothing with no use in approx 6hrs

With no use? Something wrong there.

A charge will last two days on my 4 if I don’t use it and that’s with bluetooth, wifi, push email all turned on.

I suggest Apple Store as Cougar says.

kiwijohn

Do you use exchange for mail? Work mate had same issue, traced back to exchange.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘iphone 4s – battery issues’ is closed to new replies.