Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPhone 4 recovery
  • iolo
    Free Member

It’s the worst phone I’ve ever got and have had to reset it so many times due to it crashing, freezing and generally dropping calls (if it manages to get a signal at all that is)
    Anyway just tried to boot it up again through iTunes but the backup has failed to restore it.
    I’ve lost all my contacts and photos and am gutted.
    Is there a way of getting these back? Thanks in advance.

loddrik
    Free Member

You must be unlucky as mine and the wifes have both been perfect.

AlasdairMc

Isn’t there still a backup on your PC you can restore from? The same thing happened to my wife’s one this week, wouldn’t restore, so she took it to the Apple Store for a reset of some sort then restored it again with no loss.

That was the second one that failed in that way (first one was stolen and was working fine until then). However, on balance, my dad has one that has been fine and my 3GS has been flawless.

I presume you’ve tried DFU mode to force the recovery?

Wozza
    Free Member

I’ve got one and plenty of my colleagues and mates have to. Had a few problems with dropped calls but nothing too serious but the problems you’re listing sound like it’s buggered, i’ve never heard of one that behaves like that.

I’d be dropping it off under the warranty if I were you.

CountZero

Mine’s fine, and there are at least six people I work with who have 4’s and have no problems at all. Certainly as far as dropped calls are concerned I’ve only ever had it happen when speaking to one specific individual at his home address on his mobi, which suggests it’s likely to be his end. I take calls and make calls at work which is a steel clad building and I only get one or two bars on 3G but calls usually connect fine. It’s better than my old 3G used to be.

rob2
    Free Member

Have you got the latest software? Mine has never missed a beat

jam-bo

Sounds like you got a special one. Book an appointment at an apple store and get it sorted/changed.

Cougar

Yeah, I think it’s broke, that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 4 recovery’ is closed to new replies.