Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • iPhone 4
  • geoffj

Had mine 3 days after upgrading from a 3G.
    I was sceptical before upgrading, but I am pleased I did.
    It’s faster, brighter with a better camera and battery life.
    Oh and it doesn’t seem to suffer from dropping signal/calls in use.

I am a fanboi, but this has exceeded expectations.

That is all 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Hated mine, like it now

BurnBob
    Free Member

due an upgrade with Orange, been with hem for years on 30-ish a month contracts. what am I likley gonna have to pay for an Iphone 4 and is it worth the extra compared to 3GS?

loddrik
    Free Member

I like the better battery life and screen, not as nice to hold as a 3GS and not much difference in speed tbh.

iolo
    Free Member

I just broke my 3g so got an iphone 4 32g as an upgrade as I have loads of paid for apps.
    To be quite honest I’m not overly impressed.
    Can’t quite see why it would exceed expectations. To be fair I’m underwhelmed. Yes it’s better but not by much.
    But, each to their own as they say.

geoffj

Can’t quite see why it would exceed expectations.

Its better than I was expecting it to be. It’s not a difficult concept to grasp. 🙄

CountZero

I upgraded from a 3G to a 4, and the extra memory and the much superior camera alone have made it a totally worthwhile upgrade. The change in shape I personally prefer, it’s stronger, I cracked the case on the 3G dropping it and hitting the headphone jack on my leg, the steel frame stops that happening. It’s also better for using as a spirit level…;0)
    It’s just an all-round better devise than the 3G. The camera is just so damned good, though, and installing HDR Pro has been a lot of fun playing around with HDR photos; the HDR capability built into the latest iOS update is really too subtle to be very use most of the time. I was down in Clevedon and Weston-Super-Mare today with my phone and my Nikon D60, and I took way more photos with the phone, basically because I can batch upload to Facebook, upload straight to Photobucket and Flickr without needing the laptop.

CountZero

Here’s a couple of recent pics from an iPhone 4

anonymouse
    Free Member

Nice pics. Bog standard camera or fancy app?

coogan
    Free Member

Standard camera does take nice pic’s. But the Hipstamatic App is freakin’ ace.

MrNutt
    Free Member

iphone4 bog standard camera shot, no fancy app. its not bad but still no substitute for my gf1

CountZero

its not bad but still no substitute for my gf1

Well of course! I wouldn’t argue with that for a second, but a GF1’s difficult to stuff in your jeans pocket, unless you want interested bystanders to get very excited to see you. 😉
    The second pic was taken using HDR Pro, which has a range of sliders for tweaking the shot after its been taken, which I like. The shot of Wolf Parade’s singer/guitarist was a straight photo using available light.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I’m an apple atheist, but i’m very impressed with those phone pictures.

I’m waiting for the desire z to be released in a couple of weeks, primarily due to the keyboard.
    How does the desire camera compare?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Does anybody have any views on the iPod in the iPhone 4?

I use my 3G’s iPod a lot, but the sound quality is a bit crap. Not nearly as detailed and punchy as my old Creative MP3 player (Using the same headphones) and I was hoping the iPhone 4 would be better….??

geoffj

I’m too deaf/ignorant to have noticed the sound quality of the iPod tbh
    Sounds the same as the one on my 3G to my untrained lugs.

BurnBob
    Free Member

Think im gonna go for the 4 cos if I didn’t I had wished I had. As I previously said could anyone give me an indication of the cost?

MrNutt
    Free Member

the ipod sound of the 4 is way better than that of my old ipod classic or the ipod touch that i played with, now to find some good headphones with a built in mic!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers Mr N! 🙂

CountZero

the ipod sound of the 4 is way better than that of my old ipod classic or the ipod touch that i played with, now to find some good headphones with a built in mic!

Ultimate Ears. The SuperFi 3Pro’s don’t have a mic or remote, but they have replacable leads, and you can get new leads with the mic and remote. They’re around £50-60ish with the leads around £20, but if you don’t want to go that far the MetroFi220vi’s or Superfi 5vi’s do the same and are a lot cheaper, I’ve got all three, and they’re all excellent.
    http://www.shop4headphones.co.uk/

steve_b77
    Free Member

The iPhone 4 iPod bit is better than my 1st gen Nano and on a par with my Sony MP3 player.

I’m massively impressed with the camera, esp. the HDR function.

It’s my first iPhone and to be honest they’re brill, everything in one box
    :mrgreen:

What bike for the all in one box transporter solution?

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I’m stuck with my 3G until next August at the earliest unless I pay an awful lot, I’ll be getting the iPhone 4G / 4S/ 5 or whatever they’re going to call the next one I reckon 😛

andyplasterer
    Free Member

shit shit

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 4’ is closed to new replies.