Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • iPhone – 3G or 3GS?
  • Hadge
    Free Member

My mobile contract is up at the end of the month and I was looking at getting an iPhone. I use an iPod Touch to listen to my music which means I carry my phone and iPod round at the same time. So I thought getting an iPhone, then flogging my Touch would make better sense but not sure which phone to get. The 3G version new are 8gb and 3GS are 16 and 32 but are also a lot more costly. So – which is the best all rounder pound for pound or should I just get a 16 or 32 model and be happy with that? I do browse the net on my Touch and use some of the apps but it is the screen size that impresses me most and it's quality compared to normal mobile phones – especially for viewing videos's etc. Helpful comments appreciated 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

just buy a couple of hands of bananas and a bag of biros, loads more fun

Hadge
    Free Member

Well if Gordon Brown has 9 banana's a day it must be!!!!

clubber
    Free Member

I'd get the 3gs for the simple reason that when, hopefully the new os4.0 comes out with the ability to run apps in background, there's a possibilty that it won't be supported on the 3g.

IA

It's an eye wateringly expensive phone whichever way you cut it, so you may aswell go balls-deep and get a 3gs.

cp

i have a 3G. I'm not bothered about the stuff the 3GS can do… and I'm happy with 8Gb.

I'll prob wait till the next gen or the one after that before changing, as the difference IMO between gens are huge.

Hadge
    Free Member

I'm hoping as part of my upgrade to get a decent deal on one. One option I did have was buy a new one and then use my current SIM (if possible?) then when I get my upgrade on Orange, get the most expensive "free" phone I can off them and sell that to recoup some of the money paid out for the iPhone. I can get a 16gb 3GS phone for under £400 and some of the free phones on Orange being offered to me for free are worth £250-£300 so making my iPhone a bit cheaper. I then keep my current talk plan of 600 anytime-any network minutes and unlimited texts for £20! Seems ok – s long as I can use the iPhone on it.

IA

You want unlimited net on your contract if you have an iPhone. Kinda missing the point if you don't. The "i" is for internet afterall…

Daffy

Hadge – I've just changed from 3G to a 3Gs and it' a shed load faster when doing almost anything. Go for a 3GS and the 16s hold their value better.

Whyte1
    Free Member

36G cup WOW!!!

spw3

Just got a 16Gb 3GS as my t-mobile contract ran out an spent a long time thinking about it bc it is a frickin' expensive phone.

My conclusion was that the coverage of the network you are with is more important than the capacity (or model) of the phone.

S.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I've got a 3Gs. My wife has a 3G. The 3Gs seems a lot faster compared to the few times I've used the 3G.

What phone have you got at the minute? O2 recycle seem to be quoting some very good prices for recycling old phones. £120 for my old one!

Drac

Just got a 16Gb 3Gs on Monday for less per month than I was paying for my N96 same txt and minutes plus 1GB a month data. There's so many free Wifi areas now don't really see the need to worry about unlimited bandwidth.

Anyway, it's just as amazing gadget does so much but useful with it, the N96 was good but so clumsy. The iPhone with all it's aoos and things is a joy to use.

Jamie
    Free Member

os4.0 comes out with the ability to run apps in background, there's a possibilty that it won't be supported on the 3g.

I am currently able to run apps in the background on my 3G via proswitcher. If the official method of doing it does not extend to 3G phones, then yet again i realise why i jailbroke my phone in the first place.

MarkDatz
    Free Member

My mom brought me a 16gig 3gs for Xmas it's awesum dude my buddys got the 3g the gs is way better

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘iPhone – 3G or 3GS?’ is closed to new replies.