Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iPad & iPhone Connectivity
  • jerseychaz

This is a real First World problem! I’m sat on a campsite in Southern Spain, the laptop running Windows 8 connects to the free site wifi without a problem. The iPad & both iPhones really struggle, can’t connect, take ages to find the signal/router and repeatedly drop the connection. Its not a life changing problem but its mildly frustrating – anyone suggest what may be amiss?

Thanks

z1ppy

No idea of the technic spec’s but maybe your too far from the wifi source & the laptop wifi has more range? (Shot in the dark)

jerseychaz

Unfortunately its not that. I’ve wandered round the site to eliminate that possibility. Thanks though.

RDL-82
    Free Member

Another shot in the dark, but it could be that the camp router is broadcasting both 2.4ghz and 5ghz with the same name. We had all sorts of connection issues with the iPad and missus’s iPhone in our house when the new router was set up that way and only changing the settings in the router so the channels had a different name cured it. Not something you’ll be able to do there I imagine but could be your issue.

CountZero

FWIW, I have no problem connecting with Natwest Bank’s wifi from the other side of the high street, however, at home it’s not unusual for my connection with my BT router to suddenly drop off, but it’s the router that’s the problem, the blue indicator light suddenly goes amber, then starts flashing, goes green, then blue, then repeats the same, before settling down again.
    I think RDL-82’s explanation may be close to the mark, I’ve not had many issues mith mine hooking up with wifi in the wild.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

ios is designed to only showe signals above a certain strength. Any better nearer to source?

jerseychaz

Thanks all. I think the issue is that the ios devices can see multiple routers all serving the same network and the poor dears get confused and hence don’t do anything! We’ll have to live with it. Tough when its over 20C and cloudless 🙂

avdave2

I had a strange one recently when with my Iphone, I could connect to wifi if I put in the code and pressed join in the top right corner but not if I pressed join on the on screen keyboard. I have also had exactly the reverse situation. No idea at all why.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iPad & iPhone Connectivity’ is closed to new replies.