Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reccomend me a 2-3 day mtb adventure
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Looking to do a 2-3 day ride this may or June in the UK.

Will be most likely have some support for bags etc so most likely will be camping or using B and B’s etc.
    Live and ride in the peak district so ideally would Like not just a challenge but also some technical trails.

My initial thoughts were the trans Cambrian from seeing some previous threads but on seeing the vids I’m not sure it woukd be interesting enough.

So as per usual my thoughts turn towards the lakes has anyone got any recommendations of routes done, something like a smaller Lakeland 200etc.

Or any other ideas ?

TomB

Start in Keswick
    Day 1- Half day to allow travel. Skiddaw, descent of Ullock Pike, North to dash falls/back of skiddaw and stay at skiddaw house yh.

Day 2- Walla crag/Borrowdale bash to Honister, Warnscale descent, up and over Scarth gap to Ennerdale, stay at Black Sail YH. (maybe too short, options available! Could traverse Blencathra before Borrowdale bash)

Day 3- Black sail-Wasdale Head, Styhead pass down to Seathwaite, remainder of Borrowdale bash.

kcal

Highland Trail 550 – quick!!

Or some Scottish coast to coast lite – maybe Ardnamurchan / Great Glen to Deeside?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benp1

Welsh Ride Thing

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Welsh ride thing?

benp1
    julians
    Free Member

Does it have to be in the UK?

If not, we did the tramuntana mountains in majorca end to end off road back in October last year over a 3 day period. worked out at about 30 miles per day, with between 4000 -6000 feet of climbing per day.

We did it guided, staying in hotels organised by the guide, but I’d guess you could do it un supported if you so wished.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Juliens, yep UK only, it’s got to cost next to nothing other than sweat and tears.
    Part of the highland trail looks exciting but as someone who gets golf ball size lumps from mozzi bites it scares the crap out of me.

AlasdairMc

Cairngorms Loop makes for a good three day ride, although you’d probably miss out on the B&B as I don’t think there are any at the right points on the route. Perhaps Glenmore Lodge day 1, Tomintoul day 2 and then finish day 3?

BigR

Julian – do you have any info on the tramuntana route? Was walking there in October and wished I had my bike.

richpips
    Free Member

The Lakeland 200 should be fairly easy over 3 days if you aren’t carrying your accomodation.

From Staveley, Eskdale night 1, Threlkeld night 2, and back to Staveley on day 3.

julians
    Free Member

Bigr, I have GPS logs if you want them,but the route was as follows

Day 1- port Andratx to banyalbufar via San telmo
    Day 2 – banyalbufar to port soller via deia
    Day 3 – port soller to pollensa via lluc

Some of it was on the gr221 walking route but lots was not.

http://Www.tramuntbike.com for more details, it’s called la travessa . If you get in touch tell Toni that Julian sent you

doh
    Free Member

Cairngorm loop or maybe west highland way from crainlarich to ft William.
    Mind that May and even June can still be pretty grim up north.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

The Rough Ride Southwest Coast to Coast might be a good call. Plymouth to Minehead taking in a good chunk of Dartmoor and Exmoor.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reccomend me a 2-3 day mtb adventure’ is closed to new replies.