Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • iPAD AIR lost wifi
    Free Member

It was working fine when I went out for a few hours and then find it will not connect to the wifi. An iPAD 1 is still working ok on the wifi as is the iMAC. I have turned off the router and still nothing and also shut the ipad down still not fixed and have now done a factory reset on the air but it still will not connect. Has any one any ideas .

somouk
    Free Member

Try another wireless network and see if that works. If not then make an appointment at the genius bar.

andydicko
    Free Member

You need to change channels on your router

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

restarted the air (home and lock buttons pressed together)?

does it see any wifi?

jambalaya
    Free Member

If all the other devices are working fine I’d take the machine back

Drac

Tell it to forget the network and then select the network again re-enter the password for the network.

I had this with various Apple devices which would struggle to connect occasionally, since getting a BT Homehub 4 though it’s not been an issue even though we also now have more devices connecting.

tonyd

We recently switched to BT (presumably home hub 4?) and I’ve noticed that when I wake my old MacBook Pro it sometimes cannot reconnect to the wifi. Turning wifi off/on on the laptop fixes it. It does actually connect to the wifi but self assigns an IP address. No doubt some issue with MAC address/DHCP leases or something like that. No issues before on a Virgin Superhub so it’s likely to be the BT router.

Are you on BT?

GrahamS

I’ll ask the question that no one else did: is the wifi on the iPad still turned on? (slide up from the bottom of the screen – wifi icon lit?)

Also does the wifi icon appear on the status bar at all when it is trying to connect?

jambalaya
    Free Member

All the suggestions above are good ones but it’s quite possible with a new iPad that there is a hardware fault, he ve my suggestion.

By the way when it has no wifi what does the wifi menu say in settings “not connected” or does it think it’s connected to a different network (perhaps originally picked up whilst out)

Try searching MacRumors forums

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘iPAD AIR lost wifi’ is closed to new replies.