Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • iPad 3 for £49 at Tesco Direct
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Go to http://www.tescodirect.com and then in the search function enter 213-2623 and click search.

The iPad is available to buy for £49.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Ha, looks like it’s already gone down!

cheers_drive

It appears that everyone rushing for the bargain has crashed the site

geetee1972
    Free Member

I managed to order two, one of my mates ordered six. You won’t see them delivered though but there is always hope.

butcher

I managed to order two, one of my mates ordered six. You won’t see them delivered though but there is always hope

I think by law you have to sell at the advertised price. So they are obliged to send it out to you.

I’m sure there’s a loophole in there somewhere though…

Looks like it’s been taken down now anyways. No iPad for me 🙁 Ha.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Sorry, we were unable to match your catalogue number in our product database

nuke

Not going to happen for those that did manage to order….

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17357383

Cougar

I think by law you have to sell at the advertised price. So they are obliged to send it out to you.

No. By law they’re obliged to sell at the advertised price once they’ve accepted your order. Ie, if they’ve taken payment, they have to honour it. Until then it’s what’s called an “invitation to treat” – there’s no onus on them to agree to the sale.

Drac

Cougar has it but there’s also a clause even if they take your money to pull out.

butcher

No. By law they’re obliged to sell at the advertised price once they’ve accepted your order. Ie, if they’ve taken payment, they have to honour it. Until then it’s what’s called an “invitation to treat” – there’s no onus on them to agree to the sale.

That makes sense.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Why anyone thinks that they should be entitled to buy what I’m guessing should be £499.99 for £49.99 is beyond me. It’s obviously a mistake.

Cougar

there’s also a clause even if they take your money to pull out.

Oh? Not to my knowledge. Got a reference for that?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shirley retailers are allowed to make mistakes?

If you accidentally paid 150% of the price of a product, would you be happy to be told you weren’t getting the 50% back?

Drac

No but do I really need to do that?

I’ve ordered stuff before and scored as it’s been they’ve honoured the price and also been refunded as it was an error. Seen many people ranting the old they have to honour and they’ll fight them but not seen many success rates.

The Oakley one recently didn’t they refund and then after that decided to hell with we’ll use the publicity and give everyone the shades for free.

Online is different I think because the process of taking the cash is automatic.

Edit: Actually turns out it was easy to find http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-pricing-disputes/your-rights/

jon1973
    Free Member

It was on the BBC news story

Tesco Direct’s terms and conditions state: “If, by mistake, we have under priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price.”

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

No chance, tried similar with a camera/lens deal and they just cancelled the order. Not obligated to sell at a given price unless its been despatched

Good result though, used one of their codes and got 50 quid off, but they refunded the full price to my credit card. So cheers for the little bonus, every little helps you know

Cougar

There’s no provision in a legally binding contract for “oops, sorry.”

This is why most online retailers now don’t take payment until the goods are ready for dispatch; a few years ago this sort of thing was pretty common, retailers were stitching themselves up. They’re more careful these days.

No but do I really need to do that?

Well, you don’t need to. I’ll just assume you’re wrong. (-:

It was a request because I’ve not heard of that before, I wasn’t point scoring. If a retailer accepts the sale, it’s legally binding; when money changes hands is considered to be the point where the contract is deemed to be agreed on by both parties.

The lack of success over pricing mistakes is because, as I said, payment hasn’t been taken; you may get a automated acknowledgement of your order request, but you won’t get an automated confirmation of sale.

Online may be different, it’s entirely possible that the rules have changed. But I’m not aware of that if it has, which is why I asked for a reference; if it has, I’d like to know.

Drac

Well, you don’t need to. I’ll just assume you’re wrong. (-:

It was a request because I’ve not heard of that before, I wasn’t point scoring. If a retailer accepts the sale, it’s legally binding; when money changes hands is considered to be the point where the contract is deemed to be agreed on by both parties.

The lack of success over pricing mistakes is because, as I said, payment hasn’t been taken; you may get a automated acknowledgement of your order request, but you won’t get an automated confirmation of sale.

Online may be different, it’s entirely possible that the rules have changed. But I’m not aware of that if it has, which is why I asked for a reference; if it has, I’d like to know.

Cougar

Edit: Actually turns out it was easy to find

Ah, this is the clause, isn’t it:

The trader could try to argue that it made a mistake with the pricing which could make the contract void. But it would have to show that the price was so low that you must have known it was not genuine: for example, a new leather jacket with a price tag of £2 on it.

In which case, Tesco would probably have had a fairly safe case. A brand new device at a tenth of its RRP is quite clearly a pricing error.

There’s no provision in a legally binding contract for “oops, sorry.”

Seems there is, now. Oops. Sorry. (-:

Cougar

Git.

(-:

cynic-al
    Free Member

*signs and dispatches “Big Hitter” Certificate to Drac*

Drac

Hahaha sorry Cougar like I say had it happen that’s how I knew.

Ta Al.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Actually I was wondering if I could make up some STW Certificates and get Mark to countersign them.

Do you think he’d be up for it?

AlexSimon

Tijuana Taxi :waves:
    Was that a Canon 60D with 17-55 f/2.8 lens by any chance 🙂

CountZero

If you accidentally paid 150% of the price of a product, would you be happy to be told you weren’t getting the 50% back?

Of course they are.
    And stop calling me Shirley…

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Was that a Canon 60D with 17-55 f/2.8 lens by any chance

Indeed it was Alex, right bargain although I already have a 17-55mm, but wouldn’t have minded a new dust free one

muggomagic

My father in law had this type of thing happen the other way round. Went to tesco for his weekly shop paid and left and a few days later noticed that the bill for a weeks groceries was just short of £400 (absolutely no idea how he didn’t realise at the time). Turns out he was charged £300 for a loaf of bread! Went back to tesco and they did some checking of their records to make sure the receipt he had was genuine and refunded him. He pays a bit more attention before paying these days.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘iPad 3 for £49 at Tesco Direct’ is closed to new replies.