Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Internet Explorer has modified this page!! during ST browsing!!
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

When on ST forum, everytime I open a thread I get the following message pop up on the bottom of the screen ‘Internet explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-scriping’ Its really getting on my nerves now. Anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Cheers

CB

camo16
    Free Member

Google Chrome

langy
    Free Member

firefox, chrome… IGMC

drofluf
    Free Member

Use Firefox?

5lab

I don’t think the page is cross-site-scripting venerable, unless someone started a topic called something like <script>alert(hello world)</script>? 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

IE……??
    Oh dear.

clubber
    Free Member

No issue browsing it on IE here… On the odd occassion I get that warning, it’s from flash ads so I guess that being a Premier member with less ads, that’s maybe the solution 🙂

No problems using IE generally as it goes.

Cougar

You can switch off the XSS filter on IE. Personally though, I’d leave it; I’d be more worried about what exactly is prompting the errors, given STW has had problems with hostile adverting recently.

retro83
    Free Member

sharkbait – Member

IE……??
    Oh dear.

Yeah, what a Luddite. Not like I.E. has hardware accelerated rendering, memory separated tabs, DEP, built in debugger, the fastest JS implementation at its release date, HTML 5 including H264 etc. 🙄

5lab

i presume the alert is because the title text is similar to the link url, but unless you can turn off xss just for this site, leave it on, the attacks are surprisingly powerful..

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yeah, what a Luddite. Not like I.E. has hardware accelerated rendering, memory separated tabs, DEP, built in debugger, the fastest JS implementation at its release date, HTML 5 including H264 etc.

Indeed but so do Firefox and Chrome, plus IE is the biggest target for malware/spyware – so why bother with it.
    Review
    Oh….. and IE9 only runs on Vista and Windows7.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I get an alert like that occasionally while using firefox. I assume its an ad

prezet
    Free Member

Burn in hell Internet Explorer!!!

Cougar

plus IE is the biggest target for malware/spyware

Not by a country mile, it’s not.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Educate me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Internet Explorer has modified this page!! during ST browsing!!’ is closed to new replies.