Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Internet dating
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

don't think we've done this one for a while…

I'm back on the online dating scene again. I wondered how folk go about it…do you have a shotgun approach and just meet loads of girls (my preferred approach cos I don't think you can tell much about someone till you meet them and it's not like you are doing anything "wrong" though I'm never 100% comfortable with it) or just contact/see one at a time (I CBA with this approach but it's what the ladies seem to like)?

Would be interested to hear your views…feeling slightly confused with a number of dates on the go and a random dirty stop out incident!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

shakes head in disbelief! cyber birds, are you turning into forky?

lol

Hadge04
    Free Member

I'm doing it your way (but looking for mr.letshavefunlife'stooshort). Good luck 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

do it your way but dont try to hide it from anyone else involved

chunky_pott
    Free Member

I went for the one at a time approach. Figured I'd only get confused juggling messages between a few and then go and say the wrong thing. I met a few shockers along the way so make sure any pics are recent (not from 5 years ago before they porked on a few pounds). Definitely agree with trying to meet up early rather than spending too much time on the messages.

DaveGr
    Free Member

It's a numbers game. Contact as many as you can. Meet up with as many as you can (friend of mine saw three in one day). If you see someone more than once then it's up to you whether you decide to keep on meeting as many as you can or not (again, my friend is a serial dater so just keeps on multiple dating). In my experience both blokes and girls do it this way.

Oh, and get a good photo of yourself – all you're looking to do is get a reply and then a face to face meeting and take it from there so say/do whatever it takes in your profile.

BTW, not condoning the above approach it's just the way life works. I got fed up with the hypocrisy of it all so spend my time riding my bike instead 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Hadge04 – Member

I'm doing it your way (but looking for mr.letshavefunlife'stooshort). Good luck

Date on! Al

Houns

I've got this ahead of me now!

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

Quantity, not quality . . .

Hairychested
    Free Member

I did it in the past and came out married to a wonderful girl who gave me a peach of a daughter, bikes I want, hi-fi I fancy, who tells me to go the the pub with mates so I can relax, who serves me hot food, cold beer and keeps my bed cosy. Be choosy, be brutal, be yourself. The worst that can happen is you have loads of wild sex and a few girls more say "hello". Worked for me 1000%.

MrNutt
    Free Member

carry a condom and stay away from buses.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Houns – Member

I've got this ahead of me now!

why?

rOcKeTdOg

Houns, i don't think you will have a problem you pink oakley'd love God 😉

Houns

I'm now single Rob 🙁

Houns

Lol thanks RD

aw
    Free Member

What are the best sites?

Matt-P
    Free Member

For me it was a case of a couple of first dates at a time but if anything progressed past that it was one by one.

Worked for me, found the right one and didn't feel bad about it.

lyons
    Free Member

Well,I just (yesterday night) signed up for match.com, as a mate met his missus on there… It all seems a bit wierd.

And what is with those 'winks'? does anyone actually use them?

I must say i'm really quite cynical about this approach…

aleigh
    Free Member

stay away from online dating……..it's crap and you meet lots of weirdos!

Rickos
    Free Member

As you know, Al, it all worked out great for me and we used Match.com. As Hairychested says – be brutal (as in drop it if it's not right rather than struggling on – lifes too short), be honest (but they'll expect you to hide your profile after 2 or 3 successful dates – I did and she was watching to check!) and be yourself (you're a hunk of burning love, so no worries there!).

Good luck!

Love,
    Rickos – thanks to Match now engaged and with a cracking little 7 month old boy.

P.S. PM me about the dirty stop out incident. Heh heh..

rOcKeTdOg

i got atticted to 1st dates, the thrill and nerves of a first meeting was better than the follow up, happy now though and we did meet online

oh and yes, always carry condoms, especially if you are meeting the 30+ age group, no inhibitions there! 😯

Keva
    Free Member

wouldn't even cconsider it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

all that these online dating things have proved to me is that i am as useless and undesirable on the internet as i am in the real world…

jojoA1
    Free Member

Met my daughter's dad online. He went back to his ex wife….
    But don't let that put you off 😉

The scatter gun technique is the best I reckon, but keep it upfront with the various ladies you're dating.

Oh, and what Rickos said. You are a hunk of burnin love. Fraid I've no singlies coming to my party for you.

JoeBones
    Free Member

Are you having trouble pulling Al?, hardly a shock like 🙂

Houns

How you doin 8)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i think i have the wrong attitude about it all really… i mean, how many women would be interested in a 41 yr old teetotal, vegan, tattooed, MTB obssessed, guitarist in a melodic hc punk band who refuses to grow up?
    certainly nobody on match.com, despite what their telly adverts might lead you to believe…

see…

haha!

allthepies
    Free Member

You forgot ugly 🙂

Houns

Oh muddypuddle you're local to me too 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

You forgot ugly

yeah, i did…

rOcKeTdOg

we could have another gym girl thread Houns! 😉

Houns

Lol @ both

cynic-al
    Free Member

awww shucks guys thanks….dirty stop out was unusual but fun.

Full story is £25, you should know by now rickos

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Internet dating’ is closed to new replies.