Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • International travellers -what carry on luggage?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quirrel, you don’t mention if you’re at the comfy end of the plane or not….! If you are, check a bag in. Seriously. You’ll need for nothing on board, and you can relax. It’s a long old flight! (I used to do it five or six times a year, and miss it greatly!) Also, on landing SIN airport is brilliant! Check out the butterfly garden. 🙂

When you get there, a quick tip – Ignore the “special” taxis. There’s nothing special about a Chrysler! The Crown taxis are ace, and air conditioned, which you’ll welcome.

Re business dress out there, if you haven’t been before, a tip – Wear a white t-shirt under your shirt. May seem counter-intuitive, but it will help mop up the sweat. It’s HOT and STICKY! Also, avoid blue shirts. Whites or pinks are best in that heat.

(Plenty of Singapore threads on here, but more than happy to recommend anything if you’d like)

hugo
    Free Member

why not check it in ?

I absolutely avoid if I can. When frequent travelling messing around with bags, damage, potential for loss, and ending up at the back of immigration queues just isn’t worth it.

ojom
    Free Member

Got myself a Thule case. Has the advantage of being able to turn into a rucksack and has a very useful (for me) hard specs compartment.
    http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products/sport-and-travel-bags/luggage-and-duffels/rolling-luggage/thule-crossover-carry-on-2256cm-_-tl_85854224291

So far it’s been really good. Rolls well, seems to carry everything I need it too.

BillMC

Decathlon do cabin sized wheelie cases. More than enough space for my travelling needs. I am 9 days into a trip to Malaga and there’s still stuff I haven’t worn.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Aerolite 30L(?) wheeled cabin bag for me. I can fit a weeks worth of kit in there including my headset case for positioning trips as flight crew.

If I want to take sports kit normally I’ll take a north face messenger bag as my ‘flight case’ and I get away with the aerolite as well on long haul trips. If I’m positioning within the uk I’ll check my wheely bag in the hold.

Pack minimum wash kit, use a philips AA electric shaver which is tiny.

I have a cane creek clothes folder that keeps smart stuff like uniform etc nice and flat. Still needs an iron but if you’re stuck it’s pretty crease free.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Using a thule backpack that takes a 17″ laptop and 3 days of business wear. However I check bags every time and put spare underwear in the hand luggage occasionally a shirt/t-shirt for long haul.

I was counting them up last night and I think it’s about 50 flights a year at the moment and one bag has been late in 3 years – transferring oversized from international to domestic when I had to do a quarantine check on it.

Like flashy there isn’t much waiting for bags or check in, normally within 10 mins either end.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘International travellers -what carry on luggage?’ is closed to new replies.