Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Intense tyres……..
  • BFITH
    Free Member

Anybody tried them? seem reasonable price but dont know aybody whos used them before…would anybody reccommend them?

julianwilson
    Free Member

depends which ones, and whether they go on front or back. What are you looking at?

BFITH
    Free Member
    GW
    Free Member

I used the old (slightly heavier) COMP 50 DH tyres (which, by the look of it is what the tyre you’ve linked to is, albeit with a lighter carcus) years back and liked them as a front tyre for hardpack/dry to intermediate/damp conditions.

julianwilson
    Free Member

for downhill? Those weights are, errr, ‘impressive’! Also i’d be wary of any online shop with massively discounted stuff not showing as ‘in stock’.

Had loads of intense tyres over the years but not those ones so unable to comment on the ride/gripof the ones you’re looking at. 909 ‘s have been ok to me until it gets muddy (sounds like GW’s experience of the comp 50) : I see winstanleys have had a few versions of them too. The world cup ones were grrrreat in proper bone dry dust and really rather frightening in anything less dry.

BFITH
    Free Member

yep, downhill, just wanted something cheap to last me the few days were there………..

deserter
    Free Member

I have the 909’s and they slip on my rims if I don’t pump them up quite hard, but other than that they’re alright apart from wet and are longer lasting than my maxxis ardent downhill tyres too

by the way I got the 909’s for $20 each and the ardents for $20 each off jenson so value for money has been excellant as tyres locally are above $100 each

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Intense tyres……..’ is closed to new replies.