Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Intense question: are their 'raw' frames lighter without the paint??
  • Filthy
    Free Member

I recon if you tied a piece of string to each fame and hung one off each ball, you would know which was painted if blind folded.

Don’t think Hitler would be able to tell

TheSwede
    Free Member

Well I’ve thrown it together and had a shake down ride and all seems well. Weighs in at 28.5 lbs on the bathroom scales and throws 68 degrees with the 36’s and a big fat pig headset (which is coming off as it weighs nearly 400 grams and is made of pig iron. Road through the stickiest, yellow dog egg ive ever seen. Went all over the linkage, front mech, shock and some in my teeth. Have been going wild with the tooth brush for the last half an hour. Will brush teeth later.

_tom_
    Free Member

ahh I want an uzzi! Had a go on a mates a couple of weeks ago and it ploughed through all the roots effortlessly 😀

crotchrocket
    Free Member

hmm. doesn’t it kinda take the challenge out of riding?

_tom_
    Free Member

Sort of but not entirely. I’m sticking to a hardtail til I get my speed up on that, then maybe going FS for downhill 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Did you post pics? Would like to see.

Here you go. Not quite finished, but you get the gist.

kamina
    Free Member

hmm. doesn’t it kinda take the challenge out of riding?

You find new challanges… But I agree, a lot of things that seemed hard or impossible for me with previous bikes seem pretty easy on the Uzzi. What surprised me the most is that part of those where technical climbs.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I love raw bikes,My Nicolai Ion-st is raw and it looks stunning.I have heard it saves about 200g.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

kamina Very nice looking bike pal.
    AS to save weight,take a dump before you go out for GODS sake.???

Whats next ? Drilling bars,or cutting 25mm off your seat post LOL 🙄

nasher
    Free Member

what about anodized frames?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Only on STW

kamina
    Free Member

It’s never bad to lose weight, especially when you are not compromising strengh, and adding to function (does not scratch). I don’t think 200g is a meaningful amount of weight, but you save a bit here and there, and suddenly you’ve saved several pounds. 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Intense question: are their 'raw' frames lighter without the paint??’ is closed to new replies.