Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Innovative bike storage tips needed – wall mounted hooks
  • brack
    Free Member

I want to store my commuter bike on the side of an outside wall at home. Im sure that there are hooks that I could buy that would do the job…

But want something that could be recycled to do the job….a bit unique that will hang the bike accross the top tube.

So any one got a cheap and easy idea that involves a bit of recycling that would be a suitable way of me storing my bike?

DrP

It'll look naff, but bolt a sturdy wooden chair upside down, back to the wall, with the legs cut shorter to allow the bike on/off??

DrP

bristolbiker
    Free Member

I made a rack to support a couple of bikes by the top tube in my shed to free up space. There ain't a lot of room, so the mechanism is lightly sprung so the arms fold up flat against the wall when you take the bikes off. Made it out of recycled box-section, but I doubt that's exactly what you meant by 'recycled' 😉

dave360

crikey
    Free Member

Um, not that innovative, but why not put two hooks on the wall? 🙄

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Not recycled but cheap and easy to fit.
    From Wickes £10.72.

KonaTC

Saw the the guy who makes/invented these at the bike show last year and the black one is made from 100% recycled plastic. Not cheap tho

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Innovative bike storage tips needed – wall mounted hooks’ is closed to new replies.