Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Innerleithen -Plora Craig Red / Black confusion
  • Aristotle
    Free Member

We rode Innerleithen XC earlier today. I'd not been for about 2 years and the new bits at the top are a really good addition.

Myself and one of the other chaps rode down the Plora Craig singletrack together fairly enthusiastically and stopped to wait when we reached the trees. One of the others then mentioned a sign towards the Black section -We hadn't seen this sign.

The trail had seemed a little different to last time as I remembered more 'rock gardens' and a tight rooty chicane in particular.

So, is the 'Black' merely the original Plora Craig route or is it a new trail? I'm hoping I didn't miss anything good!

Cheers

marty
    Free Member

black is the original route, sounds like you took the new red bit.

map on the 7stanes website is up-to-date.
    http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/pdf/7stanesglentressinnerleithen.pdf/$FILE/7stanesglentressinnerleithen.pdf

Spaceman
    Free Member

The Black is the original trail, the red is a recent addition, it enters the trees higher up and to the left of the old black trail.
    The old trail is far trickier, especially just as you enter the trees. I like the new red though, it flows better than the black. Both good mind.

GW
    Free Member

you missed loads of good stuff! 😉

Aristotle
    Free Member

Cheers for the quick replies. I was concerned that I'd missed a new section.

The new Red bit was good. It was probably a bit faster than the black variant. I don't remember the old black bit being That hard though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen -Plora Craig Red / Black confusion’ is closed to new replies.