• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Innerleithen May Enduro
  • Diane
    Free Member

So how was it folks?

I thoroughly enjoyed it just watching! My friends are still buzzing.

Fantastic weekend ,excellent trails, great format and really good vibe.

Well done Innerleithen MTB Racing! Really well organised. Lots of hours of work for our enjoyment 🙂

Northwind

It was brilliant… 5 great stages (one rubbish one 😉 ), good people, a bit of sunshine, quite a lot of standing in cow s**t… I am absolutely screwed today though, legs like rubber bands

Bit peeved as I was scrapping with my mates but punctured in the 5th (longest) stage, which was where I was expecting to get the best result. But on the other hand riding the rest of the stage with a front flat did feel kind of awesome and heroic, like a proper racer not just a half-hearted mincer 😉

Just fantastic really, yesterday was one of the best days on the bike I’ve had in ages. Glad you had a good day too! Dunc was muttering about the “next one” so hopefully you’ll get to play soon.

thegman67

Sounds an awesome weekend totally sick I couldn’t do it. Can’t wait for the next one

Phil_H

Belter of a weekend, fell off lots, punctured twice on the last stage 😀
    Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Northwind

Phil_H, did you by any chance have a swordfighting idiot step on you on the saturday night?

RHSno2
    Free Member

But on the other hand riding the rest of the stage with a front flat did feel kind of awesome and heroic, like a proper racer not just a half-hearted mincer

Thats it! Right there…You just gotta keep going 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

I had a great time. Excellent and challenging (pedally) stages that pushed the stamina of those who rode both days. Met some cool friendly people to chat to and ride with and got second in the ladies cat. Emma Guy, who came first, couldn’t attend the awards so I’m afraid Helen ‘gave away’ her pink champers.. .. yum!

AntM
    Free Member

I thought the winter one would hard to beat but it was! 😀 2 days of really good riding and racing with an excellent atmosphere. When’s the next one! Any idea when the full results will be up?

mrplow
    Free Member

Only did the Sunday but had an ace time.

Stage 4 – Fell in front of a girl, Stage 5 – Fell behind a girl, Stage 6 – rode like a girl (actually that is v unfair as they were showing me the way!)

Great course and organisation.

Huge thanks to the rider that gave me Ibuprofen at the road crossing on stage 5. It kicked in nicely (probably mostly in the head) and allowed me to enjoy stage 6.

Roll on the next one.

Dan
    Free Member
    stevemtb
    Free Member

What a great weekend. Nearly gave up after stage 2 as I seemed to have forgotten how to ride a bike. Thanks to Colin who slagged me off for considering quitting and chatted to me back to the top! Stage 3 almost felt like I knew how to handle a bike again.

Was a lot quicker on Sunday with mud tyres on and contact lenses in – vision can be pretty useful!

Looking forward to the next one as I feel I’ve got a lot to make up for after Saturday!

Great event and lots of really nice people out and about. Seemed like one of the most friendly events I’ve been to in a long time.

Phil_H

Northwind, Yes I did.

Northwind

Then 1) it’s good to put a name to a face, and 2) I’m really sorry about that!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Second that. being the father of the sword wielding six year old. but i was trying to put poles back in the ground, help with photo finishes and stop my three year old from wiping her face with Tunnocks teacakes.

Dan
    Free Member

nice wee POV video from the event: [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcI8DQBeAUc[/video]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen May Enduro’ is closed to new replies.