Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Innerleithen /GT weekend ahead – which bike to take…
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Uplift sorted for the Saturday for some Innerleithen DH’ing and then we plan a trip around GT on the Sunday morning before heading home to Manchester.

What bike though, assuming I can only take 1 that is…

456ti with coil Pikes on board (31lbs)
    2006 S-works Enduro with Fox36 van-R’s & DHX5 coil shock. (38lbs)

I consider both bike to be capable.

GW
    Free Member

Personally I wouldn’t want a 38lb long travel bike at GT and everything at inners is perfectly ridable on a 100mm hardtail.. but it’s entirely up to you. You’ll see plenty DH racerboys on even less sensible bikes at GT every weekend.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hardtail.

Filthy
    Free Member

456 definately

I did a similar trip end of august, GT saturday, red and black, inners sunday, red and dh. Ragley blue pig was perfect.

Northwind

That is one heavy Enduro… Pretty heavy for the 456 too, is it built indestructible? I’d take the ti without a doubt out of those 2, the Enduro will be a pain to drag up the hills and overkill on the way back down.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

As suspected. 456ti it is then. tar.

Assuming my scales are right, the 2 bikes share a set of pretty tough (heavy) wheels – 729 rims do the damage to the scales but they’ve been ridden all over the Uk and France without any need for nipple tweaking

The Enduro is “Alp’d” up for annual trip’s to, errmmm , the Alps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Innerleithen /GT weekend ahead – which bike to take…’ is closed to new replies.