Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • info from Redditch locals please
  • rOcKeTdOg

Foxlydiate and pitcheroak woods, worth a look at or dog egg and chav filled hell?

saladdodger
    Free Member

What about the woods at studley,just off the Sluff?? had a spin in the past there in the past

rOcKeTdOg

are you all in the rising sun?

timothecimmerian

Rising Sun… 😯

Foxlydiate and Pitcheroak Woods are worth a spin around, with a greater volume of trails in Pitcheroak (as it’s a larger area). However, I wouldn’t recommend anyone make a special effort to ride there – I live 5 minutes ride away, so they only get used as they’re on my doorstep.

They also don’t drain well, so are a clag-fest at the moment. Think about the boggy areas of the Lickeys and you’ll get the idea. When they’re frozen or dry, you can have a decent blast around for an hour or so.

Salad Dodger – that’s Rough Hill woods. There’s some decent bomb holes to play in around there.

rOcKeTdOg

:?Better than Chicago rock used to be surely?….. 😕

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

i live 30 seconds away and don’t bother.

there are some routes through pitcheroak, however, if you start at the foxylidiate and stay that side of the dual carraigeway there’s a single track going all the way up birchfield road, at the back of the houses.

then get on the tarmac and head past the water tower, there’s a couple of routes in the (co-op) wood there that brings you out above tesco.

more tarmac to rough hill wood, probably the best and least populated place to ride.

then another tarmac run to walkood coppice, just above morton stanley park where you can get a single track all the way down to green lane.

z1ppy

I do a regular route round there, between the woods round the lake & over to the monastery ruins & up weight lane for and back across the estates to foxlydiate, with some m8’s who live over there (we’re limited travel wise, as the one guy works till 1pm on a sat). Again it not going to be afan or even Cannock but a decent 12-18mile loop is there if you can be bothered.

votchy
    Free Member

As stated above, be difficult to get more than 4 or 5 miles in total using just pitcheroak woods, the loop stu describes is ok but bikes are not welcome in rough hill woods, have spoken to the 2 organisations that look after it, there are lots of dirt jumps built in the woods on the left of the ridgeway as you head to astwood bank. Wouldn’t travel this way to ride but there’s quite a bit to entertain us locals. Surprised how many redditch peeps crop up on here but never see anyone out and about.

timothecimmerian

We’re usually out every Saturday morning from around 8.30am for a few hours. We see a few MTBers around but not with any regularity. If you see a big(ish) bloke on a bronze coloured TranceX, say hello!

Rocketdog – Chicago Rock 🙄 I’m glad I’m too old and married to have to go to those places with any frequency. A few of us ended up in Fever the other week; not somewhere I’ll be rushing back to!!

Houns

As i work in Redditch i’d love a mostly off road route between Redditch and Clent – Something i can do in the summer by taking the long route home, any suggestions?

timothecimmerian

Houns, I can email you a tracklogs or .gpx if you like. There’s a route we do that takes in the canal from Redditch through Alvechurch to Barnt Green. Then up through the Lickeys, onto Waseley Hills then through to Clent.

Houns

.gpx would be spot on, thank you! email in my profile

rOcKeTdOg

Fever *shudders*

Houns if you use that route you can pop in and have cake and a cuppa!

Houns

Sold!

timothecimmerian

Houns. YGM.

rOcKeTdOg

you use the North Worcs path on that route?

timothecimmerian

Not sure (so probably not) There’s nothing cheeky in the route I sent Houns…apart from the entry we use to the Lickeys off Fiery Hill Road – technically no bikes/horses are allowed but we’ve never had a problem there and it’s only a short section.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘info from Redditch locals please’ is closed to new replies.