Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Indoor arials & AV senders
  • tinsy
    Free Member

I have the inlaws staying at mine for some time, and would like to either use an AV sender to put sky in their bedroom or just an indoor arial that actually works.

Any reccomendations for either?

For background I have tried a Nikkai AV sender from maplins and a couple of indoor arials I had laying about and for some reason I couldnt get a decent picture with the AV and almost no reception with either arial..

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

I have these digisenders, work a treat!

http://www.aei.eu/community/html/modules/articles/article.php?id=14

Argos number 534/2608

thatscold
    Free Member

I have a video sender which works ok, the only problem is when I switch it on it stops my wireless network working.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a digisender from tesco, never worked very well tbh. Lots of inteference whatever channel.

uplink
    Free Member

I have a video sender which works ok, the only problem is when I switch it on it stops my wireless network working.

I have a digisender from tesco, never worked very well tbh. Lots of inteference whatever channel.

Maybe worth trying a 5.8Ghz one as linked above, 2.4 is used by things like phones so interference is not unusual

joemarshall
    Free Member

For the indoor aerials, I have a feeling there are slightly different ones optimised for digital rather than analog tv reception? Are your ones quite old?

Joe

tinsy
    Free Member

Joe yeah quite old and was only really after a short term fix from them, I got a better picture with a wire coathanger stuffed into and arial lead than with the power boosted aerials. (i just learnt how to spell aerials thanks)

Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and buy the sender suggested, at £68 its nearly double the price of the Nikkai I just tried from Maplin, in this case it looks like you get what you pay for.

edit, it gets really mixed reveiws on the Argos feedback..

Thanks all.

uplink
    Free Member

Can't you just 'fling' in a temporary coax from the Sky box?

tinsy
    Free Member

I thought about that, but once the outlaws have gone I was going to use the sender or aerial in my lads room, to be honest I cant be bothered running a coax lead outside up from the room below.

The weirdest thing is I have an av sender in my bedroom running from a different sky box, it was only accheap one and its great, but take the receiver accross the landing into the spare room and it all goes distorted.

uplink
    Free Member

but take the receiver accross the landing into the spare room and it all goes distorted.

that's often how it is I'm afraid
    it's more of a black art than a science some times

tinsy
    Free Member

would you think splurging the £68 for the reccomended one will still be a gamble.. To be honest I know it will be, the reveiws of that product are 50/50 great or rubbish.. 😐

Nick

just take it back if it doesn't work

tinsy
    Free Member

your right of course… will pop into argos tonight.. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Indoor arials & AV senders’ is closed to new replies.