Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Indoor aerial for digital TV
  • peteimpreza

Need to change the second TV to some thing digital as we are about to loose the analogue signal.

What indoor aerial does anyone suggest? Want to avoid drilling walls and ceilings to bring in a feed from the main aerial.

peteimpreza

Anyone on the daytime shift help with this?

ton

you got a loft space.

gonefishin
    Free Member

A waste of money in my opinion. I never once managed to get good reception from them.

peteimpreza

Yes that is where the main aerial is. I want to to avoid drilling through the ceiling to drop a cable if at all possible.

I guess you are saying those portable aerials are no good?

BigJohn

Depends on signal strength. My daughter's digital TV works fine with indoor aerial. Go to Currys and buy an aerial and Freeview box. As long as you don't open the little pack of batteries for the remote they assume you didn't use it and they'll give you your money back if it doesn't work.

ton

indoor portable aerials need a very strong signal.

you could put a modulator in the loft, plugged into a av sender.
    this would send the signal wireless to a av reciver at the tv point.

ruddy
    Free Member

We had the same dilema in my daughters room and bought one from Argos – it works really well. They said on the QT that if you keep the wires looped to see if it works they will take it back if it doesn't.

We got one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9004272/Trail/searchtext%3EAERIAL.htm

Pretty big but works well.

grim168
    Free Member

we have a booster, antenna and spliter in the loft. Its mains powered and feeds 3 bedroom tv's a treat. I think it came from b and q.

peteimpreza

Thanks every one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Indoor aerial for digital TV’ is closed to new replies.