Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Incident in FoD today
  • Mintman
    Free Member

No idea what happened but best wishes to the bloke that got airlifted out this afternoon. It was pretty shocking seeing the paramedics holding a drip for him and his poor son hanging around. Either way it didn't look good but hopefully he's getting the treatment he needs now.

sheldona
    Free Member

Sounds nasty! Hope he's OK

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Am I the only one who finds these sorts of threads distasteful? Its virtual rubbernecking is it not?

WTF is the point of posting this?

qwerty
    Free Member

Am I the only one who finds these sorts of threads distasteful? Its virtual rubbernecking is it not?

WTF is the point of posting this?

human nature? genuine concern?

Edric64
    Free Member

What's the point of most of the drivel posted on this site?

sheldona
    Free Member

What's the point of most of the drivel posted on this site?

Normally by TJ 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – you don't know the guy, you don't know the outcome, you were not involved.

To me it is totally distasteful and disrespectful to start a thread about it – we get one or two of these a week. Its voyeuristic and ghoulish.

My opinion Am I on my own?

chameleon78
    Free Member

Yep usually by TJ 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

Ok – you don't know the guy, you don't know the outcome, you were not involved

so you don't read newspapers or watch the news then?

RepacK
    Free Member

I dont think its ghoulish at all..Its just putting out best wishes to someones whose been hurt, wheres the voyeurism here?

slugwash
    Free Member

To me it is totally distasteful and disrespectful to start a thread about it – we get one or two of these a week. Its voyeuristic and ghoulish.

Qwerty's a paramedic, he sees accidents and 'spectators' all his working life and judging by his post he's not overly cynical about it.

Qwerty, will you be bringing your emergency response equipment to SSEC? I'm a little off form at present, I'll stick close to your back wheel 😉

fontmoss
    Free Member

you don't know the outcome

in order to find out the outcome?

Mintman
    Free Member

TandemJeremy,

Sorry if i've offended you but seeing the poor bloke earlier was a reminded me that our sport (which is sometimes one of the only thing most us have in common with one another) can be quite dangerous.

I thought i'd post primarily because I am concerned for his welfare and secondly hoped someone might come along with some good news.

Thirdly if anyone reads this that knows the guy, they might take some solace in the fact that strangers can have empathy for one another under some conditions; i wouldn't wish that sort of outcome on anyone.

If you find these threads distasteful then I suggest that the title might've given some indication of the content and that you'd be best giving them a wide berth so that those of us who are concerned can express that.

fontmoss
    Free Member

If you find these threads distasteful then I suggest that the title might've given some indication of the content and that you'd be best giving them a wide berth

woah! and go against everything stw stands for? steady on, i think not.

trailmonkey

don't spoil his fun, getting offended is tj's favourite game 😉

thepurist

TJ – I've been the subject of one of these type of threads in another forum, and for me it was a good way of helping with the mental trauma of a major accident. Plus the fact I could get in touch with witnesses helped me piece together the bits that I was missing, even if they just saw bits of the treatment or whatever. As long as it doesn't degenerate into a slating of the casualty's technique/bike setup/tyre choice then I'd leave it be, but the chances of that round here are pretty slim.

grtdkad

Well put mintman!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Childish plonkers at teh tags again I see. Where did I say I was offended? I asked a question.

Ok – the consensus is not with me – I will continue to ignore these threads tehn as everyone else seems to think it OK

Mintman – I am not offended at all – I don't know the person involved either. Of course I knew what the thread was but these threads have irritated nme for a while so I thought I would take the opportunity to find out if Others agreed with me or not.

chameleon78
    Free Member

TJ – wind your neck in and get off that soap box, the guy was wishing someone well not glorifying the accident.
    If he'd originally gone into detail and said something like "and his arm was hanging off" then yes maybe to much info and poss insensitive but he didn't so give it a rest!

project
    Free Member

TJ never heard of Seaside rescue on the tv or the one based in scotland with helicopters where they rescue ill people.

Really nice to see these people at work and SAVING PEOPLES LIVES, instead of being a misery on an internet forum.

Oh and hope the victim of the accident is ok and making a recovery.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ok – I asked what I thought was a reasonable question – you don't agree – I'll leave it.

No need for being so offensive in replay.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm inclined to agree with you, but won't pass comment on this incident as I know nothing about it. But yeah in general I find the crowd of unconnected people who stand around at these sort of things a bit ghoulish.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

It's obvious that Mintman is just expressing his concern for a fellow mountain biker and human being. It's human nature. If I were that man or a relative I would be touched that someone had expressed concern on this forum and I would want to let them know how I was getting on.

hora
    Free Member

It's obvious that Mintman is just expressing his concern for a fellow mountain biker and human being. It's human nature.

He was obviously abit shocked as well (even if a bit). Even if you dont know the rider it can affect you as its someone doing the samething as you?

TJ, back to the picketline! 😉

chameleon78
    Free Member

"WTF is the point of posting this?"

not really a reasonable question is it? Maybe it's the way you write it?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well, the thread title is fairly self explanatory, so why bother opening the thread if you don't like it? Just happened to be galloping round on a high horse anyway? 😉 8)

voodoo_chile

mintman was just concerned for the guy and by posting up on here to see if any of his co riders would see it ,i personally think it is great that mintman is showing concern for another rider

TJ i can understand your angle to a certain degree

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Incident in FoD today’ is closed to new replies.