Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • inception – possible spoiler content
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

wtf !

the ending has so many possibilities !
    every one sighed when it went blank at the end and every one was talking bout it on the way out.

what do you think happened?

dmiller
    Free Member

It fell over and he's home… It was wobbling… 🙂

monsta
    Free Member

He's home. But it would've been cool if they origamied the end.

BoardinBob

It fell over. Clue is in the fact that he saw his kids faces which he'd never been able to do in the dream

loddrik
    Free Member

I disagree, it didn't fall over and he was still dreaming..

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

There was some definite wobbling so he must be home, and he saw his kids faces which he couldn't do in any of his dreams.

bassspine
    Free Member

it was the dream of old man Fischer.so the spinning top at the end is in a different level of dream. nernerneener.

brilliant film

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Dreaming, otherwise showing the top is unforgivably misleading.

I watched it with my girlfriend whom I suspect had fallen asleep a couple of times. As the screen went blank she said "what's that spinning top for?"

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Awake, I think because he saw their faces. And because I wanted a happy ending!

It is an amazing film, I loved every minute of it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Did it hit the iceberg?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It's far from an amazing film. DeCaprio is becoming less convincing as he gets older. He'll never convince me in any role…except maybe, just maybe The Departed. It was clever but the opportunity to really challenge was thrown away in favour of some pretty gratuitous Hollywood action shite, especially in the Winter section. Ellen Page was great in the set-up/architecture phase but lost in the action bits. Some of the acting (not least DiCaprio's) was wooden to say the least.

Still enjoyed it though. 🙂

ados
    Free Member

Still dreaming.

Children had not aged and were still wearing the same clothes as in his dream?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

also the mark was when spun was very wobbling and spinning across all plains, yet when cut bac it was stabilized and starting to loose the wobble

5lab

the kids were the same age as in his vision, yet it was 2(?) years later, so they'd have been older

I think in real life the top didn't spin at all. The whole point of the top was that in another person's dream, it'd behave without the odd weighting – ie like a normal top (that's the whole point, so you can see if you're in a dream or not). when he span it in real life, it never started spinning, due to being weighted. I think the point was, as it was spinning at all, it was in a dream. He said something about 'it'll spin forever if I'm in somone elses dream' but that doesn't make sense, as in their dream, the top would have normal physics (spin for a min then drop).

Other possibility is that, if the location was architected by the young girl, she knew how the top behaved, so might have made it that way in a dream

good film though, kinda matrixy in ways

higgo
    Free Member

An hour too long. A good idea but it was overstretched.
    By the end I was more interested in when I was getting home than whether he did.

hels
    Free Member

It was all a bit silly really but fun. A bit like all those time travel movies, don't sweat the logic because there isn't any, just go with it.

And how can the spinning/not spinning top be significant, that could have been planted in his dream too. I think the point was that you never know what is real and deal with what you can understand in terms that you can understand. Like how at work managers think the answer to every problem is to get more managers.

Douglas Adams has the last word on this kind of thing – if you travel back in time it's never a good idea to phone yourself and say hello.

And its all copied from Dynasty where an entire season was a dream Crystal had in the shower anyway.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

its significant because only the owner know's the weight and how the object movesm this mean it is a dream if it behaves differently

hels
    Free Member

But how does he know he knows the weight and how the object moves ? That could have been planted in his mind in the same way that they are trying to plant an idea in Cilian Murphy's mind, as a way to make the whole thing seem plausible. He could have dreamed the spinning top, and remember he said his wife gave it to him.

I enjoyed the film I'm not slagging it, especially the idea that your subconcious dreams up some Special Forces to deal with attacks to your psyche. Nice. And the bit where she hold the mirror up to the mirror in a wee nod to Lewis Carroll.

Just don't try and take it literally the whole thing is based on twisted logic. There is no sense to it.

billybob
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

It's far from an amazing film. DeCaprio is becoming less convincing as he gets older. He'll never convince me in any role…except maybe, just maybe The Departed.

How about What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

hels, I think that was Dallas, the shower containing Pam, and the subject that returned from the dead being Bobby 🙂

hels
    Free Member

Sorry I am on a train of thought now thinking about this – maybe we all dreamed the same dream, and isn't that a bit like going to see a film ? Communal suspension of disbelief and all that.

Liked the Escher staircases too. On the minus side did an inward eye-rolling at the way it was structured like an online game, with all the challenges and moving to the next level etc. To make it simple for the kids to understand.

hels
    Free Member

Deadlydarcy – are you sure ? I could have snuck in your TV and implanted that idea…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😀 @ hels

Maybe it was my dream and it was actually The Colbys we were watching all along.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Effects heavy, Leaden and full of idiotic mcguffins, the Wife and I got bored at about the forty minute mark and went for a mexican instead. Enjoyed that much more.

hels
    Free Member

Deadly darcy – that sounds more like a nitemare !! Directed by Guillermo del Toro.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Random point…did anyone else notice in the cold snowy dream you couldn't see their breaths in the cold?

higgo
    Free Member

Still dreaming.

Children had not aged and were still wearing the same clothes as in his dream?

Children's outfits were similar but not the same (particularly shoes). There are two pairs of actors creditted with playing the kids with Philippa at 3y and 5y and James at 20m and 3y.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

There are two pairs of actors creditted with playing the kids with Philippa at 3y and 5y and James at 20m and 3y.

The older actors are voice actors for when he spoke to them on the phone.

16stonepig
    Free Member

Doesn't matter…

Kit
    Free Member

Go back and watch Memento instead. Now there's a proper head ****.

_tom_
    Free Member

Effects heavy, Leaden and full of idiotic mcguffins, the Wife and I got bored at about the forty minute mark and went for a mexican instead. Enjoyed that much more.

Sounds like you have the attention span of a child 😛

Oh and the vfx were tasteful and very well done, not like Avatar which was just vfx for the sake of it.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I didn't enjoy it. It seemed to be a vehicle for CGI over writing and some bits had me laughing out loud in the cinema.

DiCaprio was brilliant as Howard Hughes. Somehow I suspect this performance won't be mentioned with the same reverence.

Kit
    Free Member

It seemed to be a vehicle for CGI over writing

Which is funny, as the majority of the SFX was not computer generated…

jahwomble
    Free Member

"Sounds like you have the attention span of a child "

Not really, expected better but just thought it was cack, and pitched intellectually at about the level of a child and simply not engaging enough for me. My wife is a Bafta winning and Oscar nominated vfx supervisor and reckoned the effects were by and large average but extensive, and she should know cos she did some of 'em.:)

I'm not saying you don't have to like it, I'm jus saying we didn't.:)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

What was the 'kick' that woke Cobb and Sato(?) up?

ChrisS
    Free Member

My wife is a Bafta winning and Oscar nominated vfx supervisor and reckoned the effects were by and large average but extensive, and she should know cos she did some of 'em.:)

So not your typical "punter" then 😀

jahwomble
    Free Member

Not really no……… that's why I said it's ok for other people to like it but we didn't.

Battlefield Los Angeles is going to be visually stunning however, but I suspect a bit slim on plot or common sense.:)

_tom_
    Free Member

Can't argue with that! There may have been a lot of vfx but they weren't all that noticeable to me and they were used to aid the storytelling rather than "lets just have some cool stuff because we can".

GrahamS

Just watched it and enjoyed it. Interesting but gripping.

jahwomble: it starts pretty slow but it sounds like you walked out before it got to the more pacey action bit (i.e. from the freight train driving through middle of the city street)

Burts
    Free Member

Here's an alternative trailer, worth a look:

Toy Story Inception

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘inception – possible spoiler content’ is closed to new replies.