• This topic has 41 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • In the night garden observations?
  • hora
    Free Member

hora junior is in a trance.

why does upsy daisy sleep on a park bench?

stumpyjon

Don’t know but for some reason it terrifies my three year old 😯

bazookajoe
    Free Member

… and does it all really just happen in Iggle Piggle’s head as a dream, and so the garden isn’t real at all. A rather poignant and sad thought I think – he sails about all day on his little boat and retreats into his dreams at night, truly adrift and alone.

EDIT: Upsy daisy sleeps on a magic mobile bed surely? We may have the toy somewhere.

transporter13
    Free Member

Macca pacca is just plane wierd, seems to have ocd

bomba
    Free Member

It’s not a park bench! It’s a bed on wheels. That drives around the forest of its own accord. Obviously.

Every time it comes on screen, mini bomba shouts “Boat! Boat! Boat! Boat!” This can last for minutes at a time.

GW
    Free Member

why does upsy daisy sleep on a park bench?

Buckfast

yunki
    Free Member

I liked the episode where they clingfilmed the ninky nonk..

yunki Jr is into wottingers and pontipines

kevin1911

Upsy Daisy sleeps on a park bench cos she spends all her money on crystal meth.

And why sort of example does iggle piggle set the viewers by never going to bed on time. He’s personally responsible for our daughters inability to stay in bed at bedtime

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Never mind the kids, it’s the haahoos I find strangely sinister – slowly bouncing through the trees with big maniacal grins, that’s not natural I tells ya

hora
    Free Member

The family who live in the small house seem to have a lot of flatulence

bazookajoe
    Free Member

and there’s the question of the size difference between the ninky nonk and the characters who can go inside it, despite it seemingly being too small for them – apparently this doesn’t matter as a child’s mind won’t question it!

bazookajoe
    Free Member

I should maybe stop watching so much kids telly! It raises too many questions.

Saw this one today about a fox who travels the world with his special friend meeting people from other lands, now that was truly bizarre.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbWNpdceGsc[/video]

DrP

Does anyone else ‘shoot’ iggle piggle down at the end? My soon has started doing it, at 21 months! Uh oh!

DrP

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is it just me or is Tombliboo Eee a bit of alright?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Winegums; you need help, my friend.

Professional help. 😐

wallop

I am, thus far, childless. Seeing stuff like this almost makes me excited about being up at 4am watching it.

TooTall
    Free Member

I still think Igglepiggle would get his jollies from Upsy Daisy if he could get himself a bed bigger than hers – all that kissing is going to get him would up. As for Igglepiggle – I like his rock-based OCD and all that washing. I’m gutted that Ms TT likes Igglepiggle best.

Never mind that – that new show with the tramps living on a park island is starting to creep me out good and proper. I keep needing a bit of Waybuloo to bring me back down a bit.

warton
    Free Member

and does it all really just happen in Iggle Piggle’s head as a dream

mind has just been blown.

racefaceec90

just googled in the night garden (as i didn’t have a clue what it was).that blue one doesn’t half look like mini eraserhead 😯

Skyliner
    Free Member

Thankfully I’m through the In the Night Garden phase but I can still do the Macca Pacca dance!

rob2
    Free Member

In the night garden is nice and relaxing to watch mind you, if only life was like that.

Personally I like nina in nina and the neurons and Sarah-Jane in tikabilla.

(goes and hangs head in shame 😉 )

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Abney and teal is proper odd. I cannot work out what the little wooden thIngs are. My daughter and I like jeep thOugh. She goes around shouting ‘neep neep’

WorsthorneWarrior
    Free Member

To be fair though, the theme music does the trick! The amount of times I have nodded off to it on a Sunday after a days riding is unbelievable!

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Macca pacca is helpful in getting faces washed too

Mugboo

I find the start very relaxing but if those bloody Tomliboos lose there bloody toothbrushes ONE MORE TIME…

And second the creepy hahoos!

el_boufador

bazookajoe

Yes I have a similar theory.

Seems quite a bleak existence for igglepiggle on his little boat out at sea, far from land.

I wonder if it’s a metaphor for the loneliness of death, and whether the night garden is some kind of purgatory or transitional stage in igglepiggle’s death? Raise thew little sail, light the little light, THIS is the way to the garden of the light (death).

Or maybe Igglepiggle ‘not being in bed’ is a riff on Igglepiggle’s unfulfilled relationship with Upsy Daisy.

Well it’s definitely all either about sex or death. Or sex and death. Or both.

Definitely.

bazookajoe
    Free Member

Ooh el_boufadour, that’s good! It’s like Lost for the kiddies and not half as frustrating.

petehunjan
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking that macca pakkas sponge must really whiff . . .

GaryLake
    Free Member

Makka Pakka is a boob right?

TooTall
    Free Member

*refrains on commenting on the sort of life Mr Lake has evidently led*

That isn’t the view I’m used to from the version of Night Garden I watch!

iamtheresurrection

I can only assume there was an awful lot of acid consumed in the creation of ITNG. The characters, colours, flying bandstands and so on. I imagine the creative meetings were great…

I’m with Joe too: those Haahoos must have come from a bad trip.

tomaso
    Free Member

Iggle Piggle’s tardiness is getting beyond a joke. I am so glad my two hate it now.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

THIS is the way to the garden of the light

It is ‘…Garden of the Night’. As in ‘In The Night Garden’ 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Does anyone else ‘shoot’ iggle piggle down at the end? My soon has started doing it, at 21 months! Uh oh!

No. You better get him to the child psychologist pronto. And get a lock for the knife drawer.

Makka Pakka is a boob right?

I have heard this before and I think that is the intention yes.

Seems quite a bleak existence for igglepiggle on his little boat out at sea, far from land.

I wonder if it’s a metaphor for the loneliness of death

A friend said pretty much the same thing to me. I thought he was taking it a bit seriously but maybe there’s something in it.

Personally I thought it was just about gong to sleep, maybe encouraging children not to worry about being alone in bed.

Bedds
    Free Member

Minw is obssessed with.. a saturday and sunday morning now consist of 3 episodes.. great but i had the theme tune in my head during a recent race 😯

A mate of mine (childless) too drugs then watched an episode.. freaked him right out apparently

wwaswas

I showed my kids this once. Any argument I might now make about current kids shows beign ‘wierd’ is rather moot;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL2WeRHqqXo//[/video]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Personally I thought it was just about gong to sleep, maybe encouraging children not to worry about being alone in bed.

Being serious for a minute I agree with this. Wash your face like Makka Pakka, brush your teeth like the Tombliboos, watch them all go to bed ‘It’s Time To Go…’, ‘But. Wait a Minute, Someone’s Not In Bed…’

And of course you can use the ‘Go to bed now and you can join Iggle Piggle in the Night Garden’ line.

I am glad our two have got too old for it – much nicer to be sat in bed with them reading The Gruffalo.

langy
    Free Member

MiniLangyOne is pretty unimpressed by TV in general. Which is good in my mind.

Just the characters names give me the shits, so I’m glad I don’t have to watch it with her.

However, no telling yet if soon to arrive MiniLangyTwo will want to watch it or not. I hope not. But not out of the woods just yet

hora
    Free Member

ITNG is on now and the floosy upsy daisy keeps kissing iggle. Then her bed pulls up….the voice over then says ‘upsy daisy kissed everything in the night garden’.

Now if that wasn’t an in joke…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘In the night garden observations?’ is closed to new replies.