Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • IMVU? WTF?
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

(It may just be me, but) I'm getting a LOT of adverts for this at the sides.

It appears to be a 3D chat room in which I can create an avatar which is a perky red-haired cartoon girl with enormous, liquid eyes and gigantic anti-gravity breasts, dress myself in a range of diaphanous glam outfits involving fishnet, peacock feathers, little shorts and the like and then get married (20 weddings going on today, apparently).

It's possible (no doubt) that I could also create an online version of myself as a big, beefy cartoon boy with rippling muscles and a well-controlled goatee and then dress myself like a fireman, but the adverts do not suggest this option and to be frank it is considerably less appealing. 8)

I'm not about to make my search history even more troubling-yet-irresistible to the great hive-mind of online advertising without some basic due diligence. What is this thing? Is it big with the kids? Should I bother?

Any thoughts or experiences? 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Step away from the bong..

nickc

Get back to work you lay about

BigDummy
    Free Member

Sooo. Just me then…

IanMunro
    Free Member

Post your internet history up here, and we'll tell you which sites are causing the problems for you.
    You're amongst friends, so can trust us with it.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Sooo. Just me then…

No, I'm seeing an invitation to choose my gown at the moment…

And lower down there's another one with tattoos instead of wedding dresses.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not just you, I get those adverts as well, until I see an avatar in a tan suede jacket I'm not interested TBH.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Right now, a woman in a sexy wench outfit with overtones of Xena, Warrior Princess is wrapping her legs round the waist of a bloke in a vest with a beard and a tattoo. Just over there I tell you! =>

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahhh, they're is a cartoon version of me emerging from the sea with an attractive woman on my shoulders.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I just see whiteness 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Seriously – all I get is Wiggle, and Crocs. No fair 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It's somewhat hypnotic now that I've registered it… I'm off to meet new people..

BigDummy
    Free Member

Ian – Yet another example of the disadvantages of being a premier member. As well as having "exclusive access" to almost no bonus content seconds before the common herd, you also don't get to see what The Southern Yeti would look like in a swimsuit if he was a narcissitic cartoon version of his real self. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

<pondering whether or not to select the pot bellied, slightly overly hairy avatar>

nickc

I see the advert you're talking about. I assumed it was one of those "Avatar yourself" picture things.

I've a girlfriend (lets say 'she has a nice personality, if you get my drift) she regularly uses these 2nd life avatar web sites. Her character is in her words "how she'd like to be" so perhaps it's full of "happy jolly folk" enjoying what the rest of us take for granted? A life free from petty ridicule and prejudice?

I'm aware of the double standard in my post, feel free to point it out though if it makes you feel better

BigDummy
    Free Member

My online persona is how I'd like to be nick. It would never point out a double standard just to make itself feel better. Although I do wish it had bigger breasts…

nickc

😆

They are pretty impressive are they not? The the advert, I mean…not yours obviously, that would be weird.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I see that ad too and frankly it is a waste of space.
    I say get some proper ads instead; you know, like the ones you see in the currant bun 😉

Or even the 'pointless tat' ads like the 'big slipper', 'razor comb' or 'incontinence pants' as described by Billy Connolly

epicyclo

Only bike ads for me – booooriiiing

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘IMVU? WTF?’ is closed to new replies.