Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I'm within 200m of this:
  • soma_rich
    Free Member
    ddmonkey

Bang?

IdleJon

I'd assume that you were a bit closer if you are dull enough to take a photo of it?

Stoner
    Free Member

think of the poor lad with the backactor and trenching bucket who "found it".

New seat cover in the JCB sir?

ddmonkey

"There are no reports of any injuries"

Give it a chance, its not gone off yet…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is it poo ?

ddmonkey

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

London Road? Full of estate agents. No one will mind if it goes off!

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

could have been worse eh?

(no idea who they are btw)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it may be my colourblindness but I can't make out what the first photo is…

ddmonkey

My Grandad was based at an airfield in WWII when a Lancaster with one of those underneath lost an engine on take off, nearly swung off the runway and headed straight for him, then managed to creep off the ground, just miss some building and climb out. Got all the way to Germany and back. Pilot was given a medal. They could only just take off with one of those as it was with all four engines so how they managed it when one engine gave out I've no idea.

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

does your colourblindness hide the link leading to the story about the unexploded bomb . . . .?

🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

does your colourblindness hide the link leading to the story about the unexploded bomb

actually, yes 🙁 But I can't see the connection between a bomb and either a) half a reptile b) a jobbie

soma_rich
    Free Member

It didnt go off 🙁 Estate agents are like cockroaches… even a bomb wont kill them 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

May I be the first to say…

"Bloody Germans…"

Crell
    Free Member

Bob Holness in ammunition shocker!

AndyRT
    Free Member

sawa controlled explsion of a 100lber off the kent coast a few years ago. Time to go home if I were you, or if you are at home, day trip to London?

poppa
    Free Member

I heard they were moving it to the river to denotate it? Coulda misheard though.

samuri
    Free Member

how long do they last then? I always assumed the reactive bits went off fairly quickly

wwaswas

"I heard they were moving it to the river to denotate it"

well, you get a lot more water displaced than earth so it's prettier.

zaskar
    Free Member

Drop if off to the owners…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A better story is the Air Base in Lincoln that had a Grand Slam 10 ton bomb at the gate. A great talking point, until it was realised that it was still full of High Explosive.

It was reckoned that if it had gone off, Lincoln Cathedral would be a smoking ruin along with half of the city.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I seriously doubt that. RAF Waddington (I assume that's the airbase in question) is about 2-3 miles outside Lincoln.

IIRC the Nagasaki bomb didn't have a blast radius much bigger than that, and that was equivalent to several thousand tons of TNT, not several thousand pounds

wwaswas

an ammunition barge 'went off' outside Newhaven Harbour durign the war.

Windows were blown out in Lewes which must be at least 4 miles inland but buildings weren't demolished.

JulianA
    Free Member

A cordon remains in place in around Southampton after an unexploded German World War II bomb was found at a building site it was found to be uninhabitable.

Fixed it for you.

avdave2

This would make a nice bang.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I'm within 200m of this:’ is closed to new replies.