Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • im doing nothing on new years eve..should i be bothered?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

i dont really care but its the thought that the whole world will be having the greatest night out of the year without me! ( yeah right! :lol:)
    with having little kiddies and everyone i know not living close and also having kiddies or having no kids so they will be out on a massive bender, i cant even get anyone to come to ours for a nice meal etc.

spose its just another night…

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yeah, just another night

MrGrim

I'm oncall from 08:00 on New Years day, so nothing too major for me the night before.

wwaswas

we always get woken by the fireworks at midnight.

grumm
    Free Member

NYE is rarely all its cracked up to be. Arrange to have a nice meal with folks another night.

iDave
    Free Member

if random strangers said you should be bothered, would you be bothered?

no, me neither

robbo1234biking

Im spending mine at my praents with the mrs and my sister and bro in law. Ordered a murder mystery of the internet so going to do that! Prob a bit tacky but cheap and should be a good laugh!

carlphillips
    Free Member

my boys 4th birthday so jely and ice cream and loads of kids during the day and a quiet one round mine after with the family. i'll be pi$$ed tho for sure.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

we always get woken by the fireworks at midnight

bless

odannyboy
    Free Member

"we always get woken by the fireworks at midnight."

Its not so much me but the little kids. pi$$es me right off!

maybe i create some fireworks with the missus earlier in the evening 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

we always get woken by the fireworks at midnight.

I bet your hot water bottle would have gone cold by then as well.

warton
    Free Member

I am also going to my parents to do a murder mystery. its depressing. in 2001 I put on a party that lasted for three days FFS.

In defence my wifes prengant and wants to take it easy…

algarvebairn
    Free Member

I'll be sitting watching substandard TV like every other NYE – at least for the last 12 years. Before we had kids, Christmas and New Year was a two week long drinking marathon but those days are well gone.

uplink
    Free Member

I don't think I've been out on NYE for over 20 years – I never relly enjoyed it when I did
    Tend to simply watch Jools Holland with a nice bottle of something & a curry

Rich
    Free Member

I'll probably be on here!

Wozza
    Free Member

Fillet Steaks and a cupboard full of single malt.

spesh
    Free Member

Jools Hollands Hootenanny (?) was invented for people with kids so they can think they are at a NYE party getting slowly pi$$ed without having to leave the house. Works for me, although I do miss going down the pub but I don't miss starting the new year with a massive hangover 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Well last NY's eve we were sat in the back of a church in Barcelona drinking vodka out of a plastic fanta bottle watching a marriage. We were quiet but very pissed 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Since it's my brother's wedding on the 30th and I fully intend to get utterly rat-arsed, I have offered my services as babysitter to my mate's children on New Year's Eve as i do not expect to be able to do much else.

Anyway the view through the window from up on Mount Malvern of all the firework displays across the Vale of Evesham at midnight is enjoyable enough for me.

Everybody's happy! 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

you're welcome to come and sit in my cold & damp shed and carve hate heads out of luncheon meat with me?

lister-hooded
    Free Member

NOPE…..

I'll prob watch a bit ot tele, nibble too much and be playing poker online,

Then bed after the fireworks…

odannyboy
    Free Member

rich,
    i may join you…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Now I think about it, I just might get up town and watch the fireworks at the Eye for the first time…

flip
    Free Member

NYE is totally overated, surely you can go out any night.

And most people will not have the night they planned, too much pressure to have a good night. At least i won't have a hangover 8)

Jools Holland +1

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Quiet night in with a whisky and a film. Bed just after midnight. Up just before daybreak for the first ride of the new year.

Perfect.

Drac

I'm on nights but doubt I would be out anyway we have kids and always gone out New Year day anyway. Well we went out both but that's a distant memory.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Same as usual for me..
    helping out with this carry on

Kato

I have to work this year and if I'm honest I'm not really fussed

NYE is always a anticlimax

kimbers

[smug mode on]

ill be here

hopefully getting to see some of these

hitman
    Free Member

maybe a good time to do my first night ride??

patentlywill
    Free Member

Its a full moon – so night ride is a great idea

hitman
    Free Member

new thread perhaps? see how many people are interested? could be fun!

naokfreek
    Free Member

Was in Morocco last year and in bed before midnight, so very nice to be in some sun around xmas/new years though.

The-Beard

I'm flying out to amsterdam to spend hogmany with my wee brother.

Oh wait, I booked with British Airways…

sodafarls
    Free Member

New Years Day 2009, Cwmcarn. Much better than the usual hangover.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

sodafarls – that looks cracking!!!..shades of Narnia!

sunchaser
    Free Member

Soda farls – that is a great photo….

NZCol

Yeah nice photo Sodafarls

I'll be sitting at the beach house on the Coromandel with a couple of cold beers and some nice malt listening to the sound of the surf and having a generally pleasant time with some friends. New Years Day starts with an 8am Surf Ski race to Cathedral Cove and then a road biek back to the house, last one home is the beer bitch for the day 😀

Last New year I spent watching the Edinburgh fireworks (from Fife) with my now dead dad so that will be something for me to think of on the 31st 😐

cinnamon_girl

No, you should not be bothered! When you have small children life is very different, so just enjoy them.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘im doing nothing on new years eve..should i be bothered?’ is closed to new replies.