Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I'm clearly better than iDave
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

(Sorry iDave, i’m not actually better than you… sexier maybe with nicer boobs, but not better 😛 )

A while ago I mentioned I was going to weightwatchers with a patient, the extreme disappointment (that can only be compared to finding out a kitten has raped your best friend in a drug induced frenzy) stuck with me for, well… minutes! I was not happy… I had to help this patient, mainly because that’s my job 😆

So 2 weeks ago I sat down with him and drew up a food diary, meal planner, clear and simple shopping list, booked weekly slots (hehe ‘slots’) in the diary and a “gentlemans agreement” which the patient signed agreeing to try his best and be honest when he slips up so we can discuss what needs to change to make it a better and more effective plan… 2 hours of dedicated 1:1 time each week to explore and hopefully improve his relationship with food.

10 weeks at weightwatchers, total weight loss = 2lbs
    2 weeks with me, total loss so far = 12lbs.

He’s not hungry all the time, and he’s more motivated than anybody has seen for years 🙂 I know he wont keep up the 6lbs a week loss but he’s made some big changes in his eating patterns, diet and his relationship with food in just 2 weeks 😀

I know nobody will care about this or bother replying… but I’m chuffed and very proud of him!

As I referenced iDave in the thread title I figured its best to clear this up now… I haven’t stolen the iDiet 🙂 He’s still eating bread and potatoes, and there is milk in his diet…. the only similarity is he now has no sugar in his drinks.

I’m chuffed 😀

*is chuffed*

Torminalis
    Free Member

Chuff on sexypants.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When I think of “relationships” with food I think of…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMlzfpwJZuc[/video]

Fancy some bike riding on Sunday??????????????????

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Now if we can just get Olanzapine prescribed for him, all your good work will be in vain. 😈 HEN HEN HEN!

camo16
    Free Member

I know nobody will care about this or bother replying… but I’m chuffed and very proud of him!

Au contraire mon ami!

Good on ya!

It’s obviously working because (1) you know your food groups etc and (2) you’re giving this dude dedicated 1:1 time, which is something almost nobody gets these days.

LeeW

You’ve a right to feel chuffed, well done.

wwaswas

Solving a tricky SQL issue in my job doesn’t really compare with this on the ‘making a difference’ scale so well done philc 🙂

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Let me find a suitable gif…

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

There you go. Well done!

Cougar

I’ve just chuffed, if that helps.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Phil you (I assume) working in mental heath explains a lot 😆

So many of your posts actually make me lol

slots (hehe ‘slots’)

😆 😆 😆 😆

Keep up the good work on both fronts

philconsequence
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

cheers guys!

coincidently that gif is exactly what i look like when i need to persuade people to take their meds… a quick razzle dazzle and there’s no more questions, just efficient tablet consumption.

fadda

Phil – you always seem like an all-round top sexy-bloke. Well done!

Now, can you just do the same for me, please…

DezB
    Free Member

Can I have a copy of the iPhil diet please

philconsequence
    Free Member

the ‘badboybigbonus’ (Copyright Me, Just now. 2011) of it all is that he hasn’t started any form of exercise routine yet, the plan is to introduce some swimming into the mix at the 1-month mark and build up from there, that should help things along as his body gets used to the new patterns 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I'm clearly better than iDave’ is closed to new replies.