Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I'm becoming a grumpy old man!
  • the-muffin-man

I’ve just sent a strongly worded email of complaint to my local council about the complete lack of gritting on our road. They’ve been once in the last week and its a 13% hill so things are rather interesting in this weather.

I feel like I’m on a slippery slope to becoming a Victor Meldrew and I’m only 42!

project
    Free Member

Just ask them how a fire engine would get up the hill or even down, along with an ambulance.

rewski
    Free Member

I don’t believe it.

I assume you have a box of grit on your road if it’s 13%, we do it ourselves, we never get grit lorries round our manor, it’s a case of don’t set the house on fire or have a serious illness until the thaw.

the-muffin-man

I assume you have a box of grit on your road if it’s 13%

Nope – no grit boxes!

rewski
    Free Member

That’s shocking, add to your email that the least you’d expect is a grit box, ask neighbours to do the same.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Turning 40 years old is the point where everyone is a miserable old git.It happened to me 15 years ago. 🙁

crikey
    Free Member

I trust you reminded them that you fought against the Jerries and they can’t even provide you with a snow-free road?

rewski
    Free Member

fought against the Jerries

He probably watch the Falklands War on breakfast TV.

jam-bo

the only minor roads in my town that are regularly gritted are the ones that lead to the council offices and the golf club.

phil.w
    Free Member

I feel like I’m on a slippery slope to becoming a Victor Meldrew and I’m only 42!

If I was on a slope that when slippery turned me into Victor Meldrew I’d want a gritting lorry permanently stationed at the bottom.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

………it happens to us all!

All started when i reached my 30’s and its got progressively worse since, now 36 and i doubt i’ll make it to 40 without blowing my top and killing some idiot! 😈

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I'm becoming a grumpy old man!’ is closed to new replies.