Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • If you had to choose!!
  • KarlE
    Free Member

I am looking to get just 1 pair of tyres for my hardtail. Just going to be used for general xc duties. What 1 set of tyres would you suggest? Can’t be arsed with different tyres for different conditions. Any suggestions welcome,cheers guys

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

high rollers pretty much cover it I reckon.

njee20
    Free Member

Nobby Nics

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

nobby nics

sharki
    Free Member

HR on the geared bike, rampages on it SS

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Maxxis Advantage 2.1 – ghetto tubeless

carlphillips
    Free Member

spesh captains do it all for me, very predictable and my perfect trail tyre, also use advantages/high rollers and bonty mud x’s, but the spesh are my tyre of choice

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ve been well happy with my Kenda Nevegals as an all-round tyre. 2.1 dual compound.

jonb
    Free Member

Panaracer Fire XC pro served me well in a muddy winter and will be fine for summer.
    Conti Gravity 2.3″ served me well when I lived somewhere with less mud.
    About to play with Ghetto tubeless so have aquired a set of Bontrager Jones ACX as they are supposed to be easier to use. They were good today if a little dragging but that might be my lack of fitness after illness.

Wookster

2.1 fire xc pros mate every time!

Drac

Loved XC Pros then I tried High Rollers superb tyre that and Michellin Hot no surprise really as tread is almost identical.

thomthumb
    Free Member

need more info really – depends alot on th terrain and one mans xc is another mans ‘larking in the woods’, is another mans rad trail riding (you get the picture)

anyway – i’d suggest maxxis tyres from grippiest to fastest:

high roller (2.35) f/r
    high roller f / ardent rear
    ardent front / cross mark rear
    crossmark f/r

mookiebaylock
    Free Member

currently have nobby nic on the front and a bonty revolt super x on the back….perfect i reckon!

Toombsy
    Free Member

cross mark

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘If you had to choose!!’ is closed to new replies.