Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • If the Mods ask, I never mentioned this…
  • BigBikeBash
    Free Member

http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/

Oh yes, the worlds greatest New forest based mountain bike event is back! We have a new pump track, a gravity track and some secret northshore in the wiggly woods!

Having tried sunshinne the first year and rain for the second we have decided to go for sunshine again this year so bring sun cream please.

Please buy tickets soon as we need your money to pay for marquees and toilets etc.

All for charity – trade enquiries welcome

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yay! If you’re there, then I’m there! 😀

jedi

i have no idea what you are on about but i’ll bump it 😉

xiphon
    Free Member

“Gravity Track” in the New Forest? LOL

I’ve spent many years riding around the forest, and it’s flat as a pancake!

Looks like a fun weekend though – a mate went the other year with his family, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

It was completed yesterday and needs to be left to bed in for a while but should be perfect by the BBB in August

Pump Track

Gravity Track

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s a few days before Mrs Grips is due. Will there be childbirth facilities on-site?

(Fantastic work on the trail building btw! I’m amazed that you got that done.. presumably it’s for the use of that youth centre mainly…)

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll go if Fred promises not to sh@t himself again 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

part funded by Big Bike Bash, part funded by the lottery. It is for everyone.

We have a full size birthing pool available, if you look at the ariel shot of the house you can see the blue pool : http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/content/venue

dusterbenny
    Free Member

WCA, if you can get over to cyclexperience at all soon well put up some posters for you.
    Also that petition you asked to sign is full if you want it back.

xiphon
    Free Member

dusterbenny – Member
    WCA, if you can get over to cyclexperience at all soon well put up some posters for you.
    Also that petition you asked to sign is full if you want it back

Cycle-X in Brock? You were my LBS from 1995 to around 2003 😀

Bought many a part from you, and thanks for letting me raid your shed of odd’s n’ ends 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cheers – I will pick up the petition at the weekend. not sure if we have posters yet but I will see what our “Director of Colouring In” can come up with

Drac

That pump track looks great.

I mean errr you bad man posting this.

molgrips
    Free Member

WCA, sounds great. Will there be spectators at the birthing pool?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I understand the lake jumpis quite good for inducing labour and that is normally the last event on Sunday so gets a good crowd.

PS It might be worth buying a childs ticket anyway just in case she is early, they are only a penny. 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

Will the pump track be open to the public outside of this event? (Once bedded in) I live a short distance down the road so it could be fun for a play.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Brick – Yes but please leave it for a month from now to visit. It literally was just finished yesterday and if you go sinking tyre tracks into it while it is settling / hardening then Louis will be very cross with you.

juan
    Free Member

if i can take days off and can afford the plane ticket… Count me in

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Juan, you CAN’T miss it! 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Tickets bought 🙂

Who’s organising the chalet?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Juan – do you want me to supply your bike and UK transport again?

bullheart
    Free Member

WCA – do you want the BBB web address/logo on the Team Bullheart stash for MM? If so, email me a jpg please…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cheers Mark – I will see what I can do

carlphillips
    Free Member

sadly i wont be there this year to defend my (very drunken)night race title (not whippets category) but as a 2x visitor of the BBB i can whole heartedly vouch for the fun factor…good looking tracks too..

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

“Gravity Track” in the New Forest? LOL

🙂

Are BBBs pics of the tracks the digital equivalent of humble pie being dished out? 😉

I gotta say that looks superb!

*round of applause*

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Your website’s ticket page is out of date slightly – states: “Please select the age as at 23rd August 2009.”
    Might come down here for our annual summer NF weekend.

slowrider
    Free Member

ooh, tempted!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thanks Dave – prrof read at 2am in the hotel and I missed that one.

Slowrider – please do, it is a fun weekend. I am hoping not to dislocate both shoulders this time

nbt

What bike for the big bike bash? SS or FS? Is there room for my caravan?

DezB
    Free Member

nbt – Yes, yes & yes 🙂

NF weekend 😯 Visions of hoards of skinheads stomping over Avon Tyrrell

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

nbt – You can bring your caravan but you will need to book that with Avon Tyrrell directly as there are limited spaces and they control that bit. Camping included in the ticket price. Log cabins with cookers, toilets and showers need to be booked direct with Avon Tyrrell too.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

The phrases “pump track” and “gravity track” mean nothing to me, but from the looks of things, they are both different ways of saying “long BMX track”.

Am I right?

molgrips
    Free Member

I am hoping not to dislocate both shoulders this time

How TF do you dislocate both shoulders at once?

julianwilson
    Free Member

carlphillips – Member

sadly i wont be there this year

His boss other half is topping off 10 months of DIY-not-riding by making him go camping somewhere else that weekend, with less beer, no bikes and no bands.

Loser. 😉

Bunnyhop

What’s a gravity track?

If nbt and slowrider are going then so shall I.
    Are tandems allowed?

singletrackmind

Unfortunatly the BBB this year clashes with the BBD race , which i have already signed up for .
    Might try and make it over on the Sunday for the day though.
    Rob

RichJJ
    Free Member

I am hoping not to dislocate both shoulders this time

How TF do you dislocate both shoulders at once?

By crowd surfing from the stage when somethings missing, the crowd !!

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just note to anyone thinking of camping at Holmsley I would advice booking early. I was visiting my parents over this weekend last year and the place was rammed.

sc-xc

Once again, fair play. It seems like only yesterday you asked about how to build a pump track. Seriously well done.

…trouble is, you always put this event in the middle of my summer holiday!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tandems are welcome – you are likly to get a podium finish in the first ever BBB Tandem race if you bring it.

nbt

Tandems are welcome – you are likly to get a podium finish in the first ever BBB Tandem race if you bring it.

I think we have a winner 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘If the Mods ask, I never mentioned this…’ is closed to new replies.