Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • If STW had a University Challenge team…..
  • geoffj

who would you want in it, and what would they be reading?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mr Whoppit and theology

Stoner
    Free Member

BigDummy – legalness
    GrahamS – electrics
    nickc – media studies and war strategies

hainey
    Free Member

Surely there would just be individual entries because everyone else on STW is wrong! 😉

mt
    Free Member

TJ would have to be on it. When he got an answer wrong he cold then insult Paxman.

Stoner
    Free Member

TJ would have to be on it

to win University Challenge you need to get more answers right than the oppo. You're really going to put yourself at a disadvantaged with T "the genius" J on your team 😉

scuttler

I got THREE right in the last 15 minutes last night. So you'll need me. Especially when questions on Canadian lakes bigger than Wales that aren't the Great Lakes comes up.

WackoAK
    Free Member

They would lose regardless as infighting would break out.

sofatester
    Free Member

Ton(ASBO) – Self defence, Crime and punishment.

Rudeboy(MIA) – EVERYTHING

WCA(KIA) – Human endeavour and product awareness.

Chipps(Team captain) – Price justification and moderation law.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mt – Member

TJ would have to be on it. When he got an answer wrong he cold then insult Paxman.

🙂

TooTall
    Free Member

You couldn't have ton on the team. He would just use the occasion to ask what the latest niche bike was then parade his latest (possibly repeat) purchases for all to see – probably getting through 4 or 5 new bikes in the 30 minute show time.

TJ would never make it to the team seating as he would have started an argument with himself over which lucky gonk would be displayed and where he would sit. This argument would see him in arbitration with himself some 3 months later where he would still be refusing to answer his own e-mails or agree that the reflection in the mirror was, actually, his own.

njee20
    Free Member

I won the Weakest Link, so can I just study 'general knowledge'!?

Harry_the_Spider

SFB reading a copy of "Big and Bouncy"

samuri
    Free Member

I've just got my mensa self test through the door which I requested after the mensa thread we had a while ago. If the questions in that are anything like the ones they use in the real life test then I've clearly got an IQ of 180 so I should be on it for the intelligence questions (as opposed to the knowledge ones). Do they ask intelligence questions?

avdave2

I've just got my mensa self test through the door which I requested after the mensa thread we had a while ago. If the questions in that are anything like the ones they use in the real life test then I've clearly got an IQ of 180 so I should be on it for the intelligence questions (as opposed to the knowledge ones). Do they ask intelligence questions?

So the free test shows you're genius and now you can pay to do the real test. Is that about right. Still sure your a genius. 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

It's worse than that. The self test isn't really a self test. I have to pay a tenner if I want to know whether I'm good enough for the real test. If I wasn't so cynical I'd suspect they make the questions easier to encourage people to apply so it's a tenner for pretending to mark the self test and then ….hang on….another 15 quid to take the proper test.

No wonder Carol is a millionaire.

yossarian
    Free Member

Cptn Flash
    Hora
    TJ
    Mark Datz

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘If STW had a University Challenge team…..’ is closed to new replies.