Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • If Israel execute a pre-emptive strike on Iran what would happen?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

I am becoming increasingly unnerved by the rumble of rhetoric about this possibility. If Israel attacks mutiple nuclear targets in Iran, what would be the likely outcome and could it prepicitate a world war?

*thinks about how in Threads everybody seemed to be ignoring the news reports and newspaper columns about iminent trouble*

“it’s noisy out there tonight”
    (fire engines and diggers being moved to shelters)
    “It’lll just be’t pubs kicking art.”

IHN

Well, for a start, I’d hope that there target was Iran, not Iraq.

But, still, there would be a whole world (possibly quite literally) of hurt

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Iran uses sleeper cells in the west for revenge attacks, and it’s forces, not all of which will be destroyed in a first strike, destroy the Saudi oil terminal at Kharg Island, mine the Straits of Hormuz, force the oil price up to $300 per barrel, the stock market crashes and the western economies take another lurch down…

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sorry – obviously meant Iran! Derrr.

speaker2animals

The US finally tell Israel it’s on it’s own? Though it won’t have any effect on the back lash that would occur.

derek_starship
    Free Member

onhb – just one of the scenarios that are making my bottom squeak a bit.

It’s the negative involvement of the former USSR that curdles my cream though.

grum
    Free Member

‘pre-emptive strike’ is a pervasive bit of doublespeak, when people don’t want to call it an attack or an act of aggression.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I expect the russians would be quite happy to see the west get mired in the mess of the west’s making.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Depends how Syria plays out.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

It would be classed as an act of war. A preemptive strike during a war is good tactics. Starting a war using such tactics condemns you as the aggressor and would ultimately be self defeating. I can see no justification for war between Iran and Israel. Rehetoric is just that not an excuse for war.

adstick
    Free Member

But Israel don’t have nuclear weapons do they…

grum
    Free Member

Starting a war using such tactics condemns you as the aggressor and would ultimately be self defeating. I can see no justification for war between Iran and Israel. Rehetoric is just that not an excuse for war.

Well Israel has already been murdering Iranian scientists, so I’m not sure they really GAF.

binners

I think the only way the middle east will ever be sorted out is with an absolutely mahoosive nuclear handbags session. If we could be assured they’d only use them against each other, and leave the rest of us out of it, I’d happily give every country in the region a whole armoury of nukes, and let them get on with it. Do us all a favour

mt
    Free Member

If Saudi pay them enough I’m sure Isreal would have first pop. Remember it’s not just Isreal that has Iran as an enemy, there is a list and it’s longer than you think.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

But Israel don’t have nuclear weapons do they…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_Israel

Junkyard
    Free Member

I assumed that was a joke aimed at the fact they neithe radit nor deny it but we all know they have them

Pre emptive means act of war in any other language and they are allready striking at the scientists

I doubt it would happen but it will require US of A to put them [Israel] on a leash — will they not sure

Bit pointless as I assume chemicals woud be just as deadly tbh

ahwiles
    Free Member

…they (Israel?) are allready striking at the scientists…

this one?

i’ve got a fiver that says Iran did it.

although, the article talks of other attacks on scientists, i hadn’t heard that before.

i shall do more digging…

kimbers

yup mossad have been murdering iranian scientists for a while now

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jan/11/secret-war-iran-timeline-attacks?intcmp=239

some people like it

“On occasion, scientists working on the nuclear programme in Iran turn up dead,” bragged the Republican nomination candidate Rick Santorum in October. “I think that’s a wonderful thing, candidly.” On the day of Roshan’s death, Israel’s military spokesman, Brigadier General Yoav Mordechai, announced on Facebook: “I don’t know who settled the score with the Iranian scientist, but I certainly am not shedding a tear” – a sentiment echoed by the historian Michael Burleigh in the Daily Telegraph: “I shall not shed any tears whenever one of these scientists encounters the unforgiving men on motorbikes.”

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/16/iran-scientists-state-sponsored-murder

vanzandt
    Free Member

What do you mean, Iran did it? They killed their own scientist to blame it on Israel? Quite short-sighted it would be…

Junkyard
    Free Member

So Iran are both trying to build nukes and kiling the the very scientists they need to do this …yes that does sound likely

duckman

That wiki entry kind of suggests that Israel have a complete brass neck deciding who has nuclear capability in the Middle East.

yunki
    Free Member

damp squib

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t for the life of me figure out why Iran just sits there doing nothing whilst Israel tells the world on almost a daily basis that they will attack Iran.

Surely it would make more sense for Iran to carry out a preemptive against Israel rather than wait until Israel has attacked them and reduced their capacity to strike back ?

They certainly have overwhelming evidence that Israel is preparing to attack them.

I know that the Islamic Republic of Iran has never attacked anyone, but this passive acceptance of waiting until they are attacked before hitting back makes little sense from an Iranian point of view, I would have thought. Specially when the fact that they are going to be attacked is a more or less beyond doubt. It certainly did them no favours when Iraq with the encouragement of the US attacked them and invaded very deep into their territory.

wrecker
    Free Member

They killed their own scientist to blame it on Israel? Quite short-sighted it would be…

Maybe he was a naughty scientist.

rossi46
    Free Member

I can’t for the life of me figure out why Iran just sits there doing nothing whilst Israel tells the world on almost a daily basis that they will attack Iran.

Isnt that why they would wish to have nukes? And if they happen to develop the ability to have them soon (presumably with the help of Russia/ China or am i being sceptical) i think they’d start getting alot more animated toward their nasty neighbour….

Keep watching

chewkw
    Free Member

If the human population is going to be reduced massively … yes, I am in … nuke everyone to kingdom come … 😈

So if war is the way to teach the human lesson so be it.

😈

Sandwich

Closed in 5 pages is my call.

duckman

I seem to remember a quote from a few years ago that Iran’s nuclear capability would be revealed when the room temp in Tel Aviv went to 20’000c. So just for heating houses then….

duckman

I seem to remember a quote from a few years ago that Iran’s nuclear capability would be revealed when the room temp in Tel Aviv went to 20’000c. So just for heating houses then….

bullheart
    Free Member

I’d probably cancel my milk and stock up on beans.

chewkw
    Free Member

I would probably stock up my zombie ammos …

markenduro
    Free Member

What binners said. Whilst the middle east is ran by religious nut jobs it will never be any use trying to talk peace. Let them sort it out amongst themselves.

rossi46
    Free Member

Bring out the holy hand grenades 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

chewkw
    Free Member

FFS! You two above stop posting irrelevant pics …

Say something useful like nuke here or there … mankind the scum of the earth and lowest of the low. Except those who actually cultivate real love and kindness.

yunki
    Free Member

loddrik
    Free Member

C’mon Israel!!

chewkw
    Free Member

Yunki,

Oooohhh … what a lovely helpless sweet little maggot unlike mankind the SCUM!

😈

rossi46
    Free Member

FFS! You two above stop posting irrelevant pics …

😆

carbon337
    Free Member

That wiki entry on missiles is interesting.

Where does Israel get all it’s money from? USA or are they rich in minerals I’m unaware of?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘If Israel execute a pre-emptive strike on Iran what would happen?’ is closed to new replies.