Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Idiot Cyclist Rant!!
  • nwill1
    Free Member

As a cyclist and having a brother who is a motor cyclist I’m more carful than most when it comes to most when it comes to consideration for other road users. I was driving to work this morning, overtook a cyclist giving a very wide birth (by J1 of the M42)….the cyclist proceeded to come over to my car and hurl abuse at me a few words were exchanged before he decided to hit my car an ride off….what a ****!!!

I called him over, but guess what? he proceeded to ride off….If your reading this (yes you on the ti bike with the black and orange top) your pussy sh**t!!

On here people often criticise drivers but you know what….take a look at yourself from time to time no one owns the roads not even cyclists!!

Lifer
    Free Member

Yawn

nwill1
    Free Member

Lifter…your probly the kind of **** that would do that kinda thing hope you dont fall off your bike and thanks for keeping my thread going! 🙂

hora
    Free Member

If a cyclist hit my car I’d drive past him, pull over get out and knock him flat.

Car damage = a kicking.

nwill1
    Free Member

Yeah hence why i called him over but johnny big balls bottled it and rode off in the opersite direction!!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Guess you’ll be going that way more often then 😆

dogbert
    Free Member

On here people often criticise drivers but you know what….take a look at yourself from time to time no one owns the roads not even cyclists!!

far too true, it’s the bubble mentality, “I am in my bubble and dare anyone to enter into it”

My wife was run off the road by a lorry driver who just decided to change lanes while she was half way along the side of him, she was pushed into the central reservation (no damage or injury) but then took a torrent of abuse from him for getting in his way

people are ****

hora
    Free Member

dogbert you’d also find that if your wife was a 6ft2 bloke not wearing lycra the lorry driver wouldn’t have done that.

takisawa2

He’ll kick the wrong car one day, & end up as some column filling sob story in the mail.

10/10 for the rant at Lifer. 🙂

warton
    Free Member

overtook a cyclist giving a very wide birth

so a cyclist abuses cars that overtake him giving him a wide berth? unlikely.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

so what did you do to upset him? Must have been something to trigger this.

Nothing – or nothing that you realised as you sat in your metal safety cage

hora
    Free Member

Dunno I’ve been surly just for a car being on the same road as me. We are angry middle-aged anglo saxons dragged out of our beds and shoved onto a bike first thing in the cold remember 😀

nwill1
    Free Member

Yeah I hear what you saying…perhaps I did do something to upset him!? but not to my knowledge and if so it would have been most certainly been a error and would certainly show my remorse…however thats not the way to respond, if it had’nt been a main junction he may have regreted his actions. And as previously mentioned I’m a cyclist myself and am fully aware of the vulnerabilities of cyclists.

mt
    Free Member

“Yeah hence why i called him over but johnny big balls bottled it and rode off in the opersite direction!!”

Why not go over to him? It’s only your view that you gave him plenty of room, put yourself in his position.

nwill1
    Free Member

Read the previous comment!

I didn’t go over because it was a major junction and I dont know if you’ve ever tried to chase down a cyclist in rush hour!?

D0NK

I do a lot of commuting by bike and I already seem to have a lot drivers going out of their way to try to injure me so there’s not a chance in the world I’d go round provoking innocent drivers to get angry at me.

your definition of a wide berth and his may be different.
    or he may just be an angry middle-aged man like hora 🙄

Given the chance I’ll explain to the driver what he did wrong – and usually get ignored or told I shouldn’t be on the road, there’s not many people have held up their hands and said “ok fair enough” – on the other hand when a driver does domething stupid and I give him the universal hand shandy gesture and he slams on and starts shouting aggresivley at me, I just know he’s not going to listen so I do the sensible thing and run away.

warton
    Free Member

aye, fair enough, I know I’m guilty of being quite confrontational on the bike when someone does something wrong, but as you say we all make mistakes…

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve had someone overtake me then force their way in front of me, who then said the highway code says I should give way to him. Interesting perspective!
    Needless to say his Volvo got a good shoeing as he drove past. 😆

nwill1
    Free Member

Haha….I hear you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My rule always is that in a confrontation between a car driver and me on my bike – if the car stops and the driver looks like he is going to get out then I run away.

You will achieve nothing by confronting them, there is no point in getting in a punch up, discretion is the better part of valour

Junkyard
    Free Member

are you really suggesting that some road uers are not very good – though clearly not you. Thansk for sharing this on a cycle forum. It is great to see the support commuters get form the community of fat lardy arsed trail centre riding car loving clarkson type hard men with balls the size of moons.
    You were correct in wanting to batter him i mean when a car nearly knocks me off and the driver starts shouting expletives at me and wanting to fight I always MTFU and get all mental on their ass … I dont wnat to be considered a pussy now do I 🙄

hora get out and fight i would pay good money to see you try.
    go to petrolheads and share your thoughts eh

GEDA
    Free Member

I’m more carful than most

Probably better to be careful then.

binners

You will achieve nothing by confronting them, there is no point in getting in a punch up

Come on TJ! This country didn’t become great by adopting that kind of attitude. They should have settled it like men

samuri
    Free Member

Some people are cocks. They’d be crap road users on a bike, in a car or driving a bus.

The best thing people can do in these instances is try and educate, I’ve learned that after years of chasing people down, asking them to get out of their cars, nose to nose arguments, etc etc. None of it worked and it all made me feel shit inside.

If some people don’t want to be educated then so be it. I’m a lot happier now. I still call the odd individual a cock or similar if they’ve done something particularly life threatening but for the most part I just let it all go.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Binners – I could make an exception if it was Hora that ran me off the road if that would help

Junkyard
    Free Member

Good call Binners
    In the Red corner [ for obvious reasons] we have the titan of the glens, the champion of the weak he flounces like a butterfly he stings like a nettle Tandem “Tartan” Jeremy
    In the Blue corner the colossus of Manchster , the rock of the North, the ladies wet dream mark “Harrrooooahhhh” Hora
    DING DING seconds out

dave360

what was he doing on the M42?

binners

Junkyard. You are the Don King of the forum. LETS GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 😀

GavinB
    SD-253
    Free Member

Wow there is a lot of people giving

nwill1

a hard time. The belief that all cyclists are always in the right and all car drivers are in the wrong is to put it mildly shite

Junkyard – Member
    are you really suggesting that some road users are not very good – though clearly not you. Thanks for sharing this on a cycle forum. It is great to see the support commuters get form the community of fat lardy arsed trail centre riding car loving Clarkson type hard men with balls the size of moons.
    You were correct in wanting to batter him I mean when a car nearly knocks me off and the driver starts shouting expletives at me and wanting to fight I always

What? run away.

bigyinn – Member
    I’ve had someone overtake me then force their way in front of me, who then said the highway code says I should give way to him. Interesting perspective!
    Needless to say his Volvo got a good shoeing as he drove past

[u]Were you still that brave when you woke up from your dream in the morning?[/u]

warton – Member

overtook a cyclist giving a very wide birth

so a cyclist abuses cars that overtake him giving him a wide berth? unlikely. But possible? NO of course not. For the simple minded that is Irony. Bye the way I wonder just how many of you are car drivers? The vast majority no doubt. So rather a large amount of hypocrisy here. Let me give you hypocrites an example of an a**s hole cyclist. Manchester, mate driving me to a friend house a cyclist riding on the wrong side of the road expecting the cars to move out for him….most of the time with no hands on the handle bar. OK it was Manchester and there is a right load of scum bags there but

warton,

[quote] Junkyard[/quote]and the man who thinks he his hard (his name say it all)

bigyinn

There are tosser on bikes you don’t have to be a car driver to be an a**ehole.
    Now of course that maybe an extreme example of a nob head cyclist so here is a less extreme example of a nob head on a bike:- cyclist going round a roundabout with his dog on a lead! I said something to him as I passed but he couldn’t here me till he took out both the earphones out of his ears. Nowt wrong with that is there warton, Junkyard and the hard man himself bigyinn. And the epitome of thoughtless cyclists……..a large group of cyclist (racing bikes obviously) riding 2 or 3 abreast down a road holding up all the traffic. No doubt warton, Junkyard and bigyinn would be mad as hell with a tractor driver holding up the traffic so again thoughtless cyclist. Now when I said the majority of people on here are car drivers I was not including myself as I have no car and have in fact been barred from driving for 20 odd years and there is only one bus a week so I am a real cyclist unlike the majority on this forum!!

PS cycling past a lorry on the inside at a traffic lights again nothing wrong with that?

bigbmx
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be so lazy as to drive places

SD-253
    Free Member

bigbmx – Member
    Shouldn’t be so lazy as to drive places

WHO?

Olly
    Free Member

I dont know if you’ve ever tried to chase down a cyclist in rush hour!?

Nope, i haven’t, you have i presume …

Junkyard
    Free Member

What, run away?

No obviously I think there is no situation that cannot be resolved without violence so I go all mental and own them with bombers , wee in their shoes , find out where they live burn their house etc as I dont want to be called a pussy now do i by either the OP or by you?
    I dont really do anything as I belive violence does not solve any issue. i am also the only cyclist on my route and see little point in making my future commutes even more dangerous. Am I a big softie in your eyes now? I am proper uspet now 🙄

There are tosser on bikes you don’t have to be a car driver to be an a**ehole.

no shit do you think this was accepting that fact?

are you really suggesting that some road uers are not very good

perhaps irony is not your strong suit?

No doubt warton, Junkyard and bigyinn would be mad as hell with a tractor driver holding up the traffic so again thoughtless cyclist.

Yes if anyone dare impeed my progress at maximum speed i do get all impatient and irrate. i usually overtake on a blind bend hand on horn giving them the finger…do they not know how important I am and how rude it is to dare to use the roads at the same time as me but slower

barred from driving for 20 odd years and there is only one bus a week so I am a real cyclist unlike the majority on this forum

yes i almost never cycle anywhere because i am not banned from driving and i always like to get advice on driving from people who are banned …can there be a better source of information on appropraite driving that someone banned? 20 years i call BS on that BTW

I am a real cyclist

yes and I am Eddy Mercx 🙄
    A reall cyclsit would not be annoyed by a peleton or chain gang being three abreast on the road they would check out the bikes and wish they were not in a car driving but with them instead

RichPenny
    Free Member

Hooray, the mental blokey is back 🙂

sc-xc

brandeberryj. You are my new internet hero….could you email me your autograph please?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Actually, I think I might be onto something here:

overtook a cyclist giving a very wide birth (by J1 of the M42)….the cyclist proceeded to come over to my car

If you overtook him, how did he catch you up? Red lights or roundabout up ahead?

SD-253
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    barred from driving for 20 odd years and there is only one bus a week so I am a real cyclist unlike the majority on this forum

yes i almost never cycle anywhere because i am not banned from driving and i always like to get advice on driving from people who are banned …can there be a better source of information on appropraite driving that someone banned?
    Now don’t be a silly billy Junkyard I said barred not banned. To be banned you have done something wrong.
    I am a real cyclist

yes and I am Eddy Mercx
    A reall cyclsit would not be annoyed by a peleton or chain gang being three abreats in the road they would check out the bikes and wish they wer enot on a car driving instead

Still being a silly billy Junkyard and not reading what I said I haven’t got a car, try to grasp that. I think it is wrong to hold up traffic when you could simply cycle in single file I see cyclist behaving in that way when I am cycling. Another thing when you say hello to them a lot of them ignore you not all but the majority I get the idea that they look down on cyclist who are not using road bikes. Another thing looking at your typing erors you have clearly lost your rag calm down.

perhaps irony is not your strong suit?

Were you being ironic? no I don’t think you were. By the way I doubt that anyone has been banned for 20 odd years you should have been able to work that out?

SD-253
    Free Member

RichPenny – Member
    Hooray, the mental blokey is back

Now RichPenny I really do get the idea you are being sarcastic amusingly so though

SD-253
    Free Member

sc-xc – Member
    brandeberryj. You are my new internet hero….could you email me your autograph please?

HOW!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Idiot Cyclist Rant!!’ is closed to new replies.