Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • iDave + sausages…. really?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Deceided to get stuck in and am on day 1. The food cupboard isn’t very well prepared (and having 3 kids defo doesn’t help as we tend to eat together as a family) so I’m off to buy some beans etc for me.
    A couple of quick questions though; I’ve read that some people are having saugages on the iDave plan – how can this be as they’re not exactly lean?
    Also are stir fries (chicken/prawn/veg) acceptable?

spacemonkey

Sausages are a no-no from what I’ve learned.

Stir fries are fine so long as you’re not serving them with noodles/rice etc.

scruff
    Free Member

Sausages contain meat, eyes and lips which is fine.

donsimon
    Free Member

Don’t they pack sausages out with cereals, which would be a no-no?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Don’t they pack sausages out with cereals, which would be a no-no?

Which is what I thought – looking forward to being enlightened though 😀
    Oh, another question…. red meat…. banned?

soobalias
    Free Member

the early instructions said meat should be lean, but chorizo is fine.

you wanna be strict – avoid sausages, you wanna do idiet-lite then pick good quality sausages and dont overdo it.

either way you should plan a huge sausage sarnie for your first off day.

ourmaninthenorth

Oh, another question…. red meat…. banned?

No. But watch how fatty it is. Yes, sirloin tastes better, but fillet is leaner.

FWIW, I try to avoid eating red meat more than once a week, and usually less often.

miketually
    Free Member

having 3 kids defo doesn’t help as we tend to eat together as a family

As it’s not a diet but a healthy way of eating, shouldn’t the kids also be eating the iDave way?

CaptJon
    Free Member

not all sausages are created equal. And fatty meat often tastes the nicest. And remember kids, fat doesn’t make you fat 😀

zilog6128

I eat snags a couple of times a week on the iDiet although I’ve gone for gluten-free ones that don’t contain cereal. As I understand it no meat (even fatty meat like sausages) elicits the insulin response that the iDiet is designed to avoid. If I’m wrong don’t bother to correct me as I love sausages!

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve read that some people are having saugages on the iDave plan – how can this be as they’re not exactly lean?

Fat is not the issue, which is why it’s not talked about much. Just don’t take the pee and you’ll be ok. That is, don’t go drinking the bacon fat out of the pan, or gorging on pork scratchings etc.

You do want to try and minimise the breadcrumb or cereal content, but that’s not that hard to do if you buy decent sausages. They only have like 5-10g fat in, it’s not that big of a deal.

snakebite
    Free Member

Had some beef sausages the other day from some travelling market thing, had a whole cows eyelid with hairs in the second bite, reet tasty though apart from that.

iDave
    Free Member

I eat sausages occasionally. The diet isn’t low fat but should be low in processed shite.

sharkbait
    Free Member

OK, so what exactly is processed meat? Meat that has been combined with other stuff?

iDave
    Free Member

‘does it look like it’s been cut off a dead animal’ might be a good reference point. if not, it could well be processed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘iDave + sausages…. really?’ is closed to new replies.