Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • iDave
    Free Member

If you understand it, why do you need it explained (again)? I have no interest or need to explain it again. Didn’t you learn all about it on your personal trainers course?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

personally I think it’s a mass placebo effect, the important thing is that it gets some form of positive result for those who do it

molgrips
    Free Member

iDave > SbZ

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

iDave – is your diet safe?

Everyone else on the diet – does your pee stink?

Solo
    Free Member

I just wanted you to give me your version of the science behind it

Ha !, I don’t think iDave is that stupid. Why would he waste his time giving you a one to one on the science.
    Your lack of understanding will only lead to a pointless arguement where you will question everything iDave posts, although he obviously knows a heck of alot more about this subject than you.

What does it matter to him, or any of us, what you think ?.
    none of us are obliged to give you anything, yet alone any kind of explaination.

molgrips
    Free Member

Everyone else on the diet – does your pee stink?

Nope. It’s not zero or low carb. It’s not ketogenic if you do it right although if you don’t have enough carbs around the riding you do then it might end up that way. I was able to test my pee for ketones which helped.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

OK for a third time and final time – is the iDave diet safe? I’ll take a lack of response as confirmation that it is not safe.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

no, it smells like pee, a few bad smelling farts in week one but that has gone

no other side effects to report

why would this change in food regime be unsafe?

donsimon
    Free Member

And the troll is well and truly fed…

bedmaker

OK for a third time and final time – is the iDave diet safe?

Definately not, it gave me cancer, an extra toe on one foot and my pee was quite smelly one day

Keva
    Free Member

SBZ, Tell us what makes you think it is not safe ?

Kev

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Keva – see above.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ll take a lack of response as confirmation that it is not safe.

It’s safe.

HTH

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Prove it.

iDave
    Free Member

Arguing with an idiot just makes two idiots

donsimon
    Free Member

I’ll take a lack of response useful contribution as confirmation that it is not safe SbZ more stupid than a stupid thing on national being stupid day.

Solo
    Free Member

LoL @ Don Simon.

Excellent edit of the original post.

😉

Keva
    Free Member

😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Prove it.

How about you prove it’s not safe. I’ll take lack of a considered proof to indicate it’s fine.

tazzymtb

iDave- careful with SBZ, like arguing with all idiots he’ll drag down to his level and then beat you with experience.

Looked at the iDave diet and it makes sense, similar in principle to a couple of other eating/training systems that I use.

SBZ how can it be unsafe? it’s not a calorie restring diet, it doesn’t promote ketone formation like the fatkins diet and the lack of dairy isn’t really a problem as human ability to metabolise sugars in milk as adults is only a recent evolutionary genetic kink and many people still can’t do it hence lactose intolerance.

rewski
    Free Member

Arguing with an idiot just makes two idiots

LOL

Diet going well so far, should these be avoided?

Soya Milk
    Sweetcorn as vegatable
    Seeds inc peanuts/monkey nuts
    Maltodextrin

Avoiding diary has worked wonders for reducing nasal mucus – sorry if too much detail.

Thanks

tazzymtb

have got a fab recpe for lentil and chilli soup if anyone wants it. Easy to make and will do about 3 days worth of lunches and a chickpea burger one and one for spicy bean casserole (goes very well with chickpea burger, but may require a personal carbon filter on the pant region afterwards)

rewski
    Free Member

tazzymtb – yes please, burger sounds nice.

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t see how it’d be unsafe as the stuff it cuts out is either not nutritionally significant or provides stuff that you can get from food that is on the diet.

I actually feel better on the diet than I did before. It’s now 12.30 and I feel fine despite having had no carbs to speak of this morning. Previously I’d have been on my knees by this time.

Last night I dumped everything I had vaguely chilli, tomato or bean related into a huge put and simmered. It was nice, cheap and there’s tons of it 🙂

rewski
    Free Member

Anyone tried making Chickpea Chapati’s?

damo2576
    Free Member

My lunch consists of this

And this

Nice and easy. About 700 cals tho in total, 45g carb and 50g protein

molgrips
    Free Member

No, but I want to try.

tazzymtb

tazzy’s chickpea burger

ingredients:
    400g tin of chickpeas
    chickpea flour (also sold as gram flour)
    onion
    clove of garlic
    red chilli
    1 egg
    salt and pepper to taste.
    dash of olive oil/fry lite

Take a big bowl and put the drained can of chikpeas in.
    mash them up with a potato masher (no need to cook them)

add finely chopped onion, red chilli and a clove of crushed garlic

give it another quick mash, then add a heaped table spoon chickpea flour and a beaten egg to the mix.

use a desert spoonful at a time to make into little balls and then form in burger shapes ( it can be a bit sticky)

fry in a little oil over a medium heat until crisp

takes about 10 – 15minutes and they’ll keep in fridge for a couple of days once cooked.

rewski
    Free Member

Nice one Tazzy.

Solo
    Free Member

Some excellent posts coming now.

LoL at the carbon filter comment 😀

Would like the lentil chilli soup, if its not too much trouble.

😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve got my whole street on it. They think there’s some kind of diet guru living behind the green door just by the arches. I’m making a bloody fortune. And iDave isn’t complaining about the commission cheques either.

You are getting them aren’t you dude?

rewski
    Free Member

Some great chickpea bread recipes out on the interweb

RegP
    Free Member

Hi there I am intrested in this and what it consists of as want to shift a bit of timber

Sorry to be a pain but could some one email me the rules fore the diet to reg.pollock at matherjamie .co. uk

Thank you in advance

tazzymtb

Tazzy’s easy lentil and chili soup

ingredients:
    tin chopped tomatoes
    250g dried red lentils
    1 onion (red is very nice)
    1 chili or easy chili paste (scotch bonnet is good)
    vegetable stock cube
    pint of boiling water
    olive oil or similar
    salt and pepper to taste
    (optional extras include a red pepper and a carrot to be added at the first stage)

take a large pan (this thing will increase in volume like buggery during cooking)

finely chop the oinion and chilli and gently fry over a medium heat until soft and just browning

add the dried lentils and stir like a loon for a minute to stop it catching on the bottom of the pan but the lentils will start to absorb the flavour.

add the chopped tomatoes and stir well, then add the stock cube, water and season.

reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes giving it a quick stir every 5-10 mins.

final taste and season if required and it’s all done.

If you’ve used the carrot and pepper addition you may want to blend it at the end, but the normal version doesn’t need it

trickydisco
    Free Member

RegP

Idave diet

Solo
    Free Member

TrickyDisco.

Mate, that link might not be cool with iDave.

Tazzy. Thanks for the soup.
    ;-D

BruceM
    Free Member

I’ve been doing it for about 2 weeks lost about 3kg, its been great the best thing is its not very hard to stick to.

I do have a few questions, is it purely a low GI diet? There are things on the don’t eat list that aren’t particularly high gi, such as some fruit, I am happy to stay away from them if they really are important to stay away from but can I apply some common sense to the rules and look up the GI and if it is low can I eat it ?

paddyanddre1978
    Free Member

Hi Don,

Can I possibly get a copy of this diet please?
    Email should be visible in profile

many thatnks in advance!! 😀

kind regards

John

trickydisco
    Free Member

TrickyDisco.

Mate, that link might not be cool with iDave.

he posted this direct a few weeks back

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/and-now-the-end-is-near-idave-diet-flounce-lite-content

tazzymtb

solo- iDave posted the diet up there as he was getting a bit stressed about being asked for copies of it and then having to argue with buffoons about it

EDIT: tricky beat me to it

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.