Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • iDave diet – No fruit?
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Its probably been said before but why can`t you eat fruit on the iDave diet. I imagine its to do with natural sugars.
    I can handle missing eveything else but fruit?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You and me both Mooly.. you remind me of someone, can’t think who.

I still eat fruit all the time… it is allowed as long as it fits in with the pre/during/post training criteria.

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m sure I know the answer, I just can’t remember… What would molgrips say?

plodtv
    Free Member

What TSY said and of course the day off. Reason (I believe) is not allowed other times, because of fructose, and diet is all about regulating blood sugar levels.

coffeeking
    Free Member

you remind me of someone, can’t think who

Mooly
    Free Member

[/url]
    [you remind me of someone, can’t think who]

Very Close. somewhere in the middle

cr500dom
    Free Member

I thought I would struggle with no fruit but its not actually that bad, I had an apple on cheat day last week but other than that I`ve not really had a desperate craving for it ?

And I used to eat a lot of fruit, both Fresh and dried.

I suppose because the whole eating pattern has changed too, I used to snack on fruit before, wheras now I am eating different foods that fill me up and dont affect my blood sugar levels. The need for snacks has disappeared 😉

Try it properly for 3-4 weeks and then make your judgement, I`m happy continuing the experiment for the foreseeable future

Dom (Nearly a stone down in a month)

molgrips
    Free Member

Something to do with fructose and insulin.

fourbanger
    Free Member

No fruit, no cereal. It’s a bowel cancer timebomb. At least you’ll look thin if you have an open cask.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why bowel cancer? Tons of vegetables in there, no bowel problems that I can report. Plus plenty of veg that are technically fruit.

Jamie
    Free Member

…and a shit-ton of custard.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie – you’re a frickin genius! Ta x

Jamie
    Free Member

Custard is also full of Vitamin C. As it starts with a C.

Doughnuts for Vitamin D etc.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Tonight I’m having 3 helpings of vitamin C then, 2 helpings of vitamin B (is Toast vit B or vit T?) plus another helping of vitamin T regardless.

CaptJon
    Free Member

fourbanger – Member
    No fruit, no cereal. It’s a bowel cancer timebomb. At least you’ll look thin if you have an open cask.

Except you can eat whatever you want one day a week. And then there is all the vegetables.

Jamie
    Free Member

(is Toast vit B or vit T?)

Both. It’s a superfood.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I had fried tomatoes as well… they’re a superfood anyway… I think I maxed ’em out.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet – No fruit?’ is closed to new replies.