Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,140 total)
  • iDave Diet Joinee
  • ell_tell
    Free Member

Started this the other day to help shift a bit of excess timber I’ve been carrying around for a while and currently on day 4.

Not found it too difficult so far and tbh am loving having cooked breakfasts, eggs, fish, omelettes, bacon etc. Evening meals not a problem but finding a suitable lunch for work tricky so will have to work on that.

What’s the deal with sweet potato though, in or out? I guess red and brown sauce and encona hot sauce are out too?

loum
    Free Member

Not an expert, but I think hot sauce is ok. Check for sugar on the label.
    Think you’re right about the other stuff being out.
    Lunches can be hard, I find myself eating loads of peas and beans.

iDave
    Free Member
    Autoelec
    Free Member

Hi Dave, eagerly anticipating the plan. Just wondering if your mail is getting blocked.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Hmm, will check those out thanks iDave.

Had some spinach falafels the other day so hoping those are ok being chickpea as they were very tasty. In the snack section in a local Waitrose.

think hot sauce is ok. Check for sugar on the label

Yep 🙁 Or at least my mango & sweet chilli is off, also partly due to the mango puree.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

sorry to hijack the thread but was wondering after reading a few recent posts if there is a new revised i-dave plan/food guide. the latest one i have is idavediet_rst from april 2011?

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve had big email issues and am catching up with the work that pays the bills, before doing the freebies

Autoelec
    Free Member

Technology! Didn’t realise you did it as a business until i followed your link, would be more than happy to pay or make a donation to charity.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – you’ll never get that Bentley if you don’t tell them about the new iDiet slimming t-shirt with diet plan printed on the back!

docstar
    Free Member

Can someone send me the plan I emailed dave but had no reply. Liam.doc@hotmail.co.uk

iDave
    Free Member

I’ll get the replies out tomorrow. I’m sure you can wait another day with a spare tyre.

Autoelec – the diet sheet is free, its the other stuff that costs.

Autoelec
    Free Member

Thanks, even so I’ll be putting something in the Help for Heroes tin on your behalf.

ton

ilove the idiet……… 8)

LeeW

How’s it going ton?

I’ve kind of stuck to the iDiet whilst on an iDave training program. I’m lighter and faster now than I have been for a very long time.

Ta Dave.

ton

fantastic mate, lost a stone in the 1st week, and due to get weighed on sunday.
    not strayed from the path at all.

LeeW

How about the cheat day? It’s mine today, it’s been a struggle to eat anything on the naughty list.

ton

i had roast spuds and apple pie and custard on sunday.
    then after 7pm on sunday i did not eat anything untill 6am on tuesday when i had some toast.
    i was in hospital so had to fast.

LeeW

I do follow your threads about your heart condition, really hope it comes good. There’s not many people I’d like to ride with of’ve here, you’re one of them. Mainly because I think I could keep up with you. 😀

ton

nice one mate…… 😆

ell_tell
    Free Member

i had roast spuds and apple pie and custard on sunday

Not together I hope otherwise mmmm 🙂

Hope it all works out for you too, followed a few threads previously.

ventana_craig
    Free Member

could someone post the link to the rules doc please?

hilldodger
    Free Member

could someone post the link to the rules doc please?

Basically it’s about eliminating “simple” carbs from your diet, so cut out the sugar, flour, starch, milk and fruit.
    Simple carbs are OK during/after exercise and one day/week anything goes.
    It’s not “low carb” as you will get plenty of complex (low GI) carbs from beans, root veg, pulses etc.
    So think about food replacements – more root veg for spuds, mixed lentils or quinoa for rice, nuts for biscuits, that kind of thing….

..oh and the only form of alcohol is red wine, but if you’re looking to get healthy you’ll be cutting back on the drink anyway won’t you !

ventana_craig
    Free Member

thanks, looking forward to giving it a go, god knows I could do with loosing a bit.

Shakey
    Free Member

Hi Dave, can you email me the plan as well (email in profile). Thanks Nik

TrevorB

Hi Dave, please could I have a copy of your diet too, email in my profile.

Cheers Trevor

sc-xc

Just in case Trevor, I have mailed it over to you.

meehaja
    Free Member

Just had sheppards pie with carrot and parsnip mash on top. Delicious!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Could someone e-mail the diet to me as well? Ta

Paul

fighttheburn
    Free Member

Could someone send me the diet too please? Fighttheburn (at) googlemail . Com
    Look forward to seeing it – sounds like a lot of people getting good results.
    Has anyone found the initial adjustment overly difficult?

iDave
    Free Member

emails going out tonight – sorry for the delay

email me if you want it, not ploughing through profiles to fish for email addresses.

PePPeR

SoRRy if I’m a little late, I’d like a copy of your idiet too please.

Regards

PePPeR my address is in my profile. thank you

iDave
    Free Member

email me if you want it, not ploughing through profiles to fish for email addresses.

PePPeR my address is in my profile. thank you

…..

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

Thanks for the quick response with the latest plan.

Just a quick and probably stupid question (from my nagging wife). Are tomatoes and cucumber ok to eat as they are technically fruit but eaten like vegetables.

Keith.

Archibald
    Free Member

like gavetheoldskater asked is this a new/revised plan or the just peeps asking for the original one?

docstar
    Free Member

Got the email last night cheers, what about fruits such as tomatoes or avocado?

zilog6128

the general rule is the “custard rule”, i.e. if it doesn’t go with custard then it’s OK. More scientifically, anything that does not produce much of an insulin response is OK. This includes tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, lemons & limes.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Don,t eat fruit.I thought we are primates?

iDave
    Free Member

We are primates. We also developed a year round fruit habit, with selectively bred fruit higher in sugar than is natural. In the wild, primates eat fruit when it’s in season, not flown in from Kenya in Feb. Fruit in the wild is also much more bitter than the fruit we are told is good for us.

jota180
    Free Member

Would you mind shooting the diet sheet over this way?

cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,140 total)

The topic ‘iDave Diet Joinee’ is closed to new replies.