Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Ice around the Peaks.
  • stinker
    Free Member

Just a quickie for anybody driving to/riding around the Dark Peak area. There is loads of black ice around. The whole of the road outside my house is 1 big sheet and is lethal. Go steady folks.

Tim.

tjr666
    Free Member

Where abouts in the peak are you?

Pieface

There was a bit of a thaw the last couple of days and then a very cold spell overnight. All roads in Sheffield covered in ice.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Yep it's bad around Glossop today although the gritters were out last night

tjr666
    Free Member

jamesgarbett – so you are in Glossop as well then??

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Yes mate Simmondley – I see you have a Blue Pig too

bikerbruce
    Free Member

I cant get out of my house like 9mm ice over everything…im in bakewell

tjr666
    Free Member

james – not just yet, just getting all the pieces together then the frame on Satudrday! Can't freaking wait…i'm up near Whitfield, about 5 mins walk from High Peak Cycles…

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Is that near the Beehive?

crazy-legs

There's a few ungritted or partially gritted roads around mine (New Mills) which are absolutely lethal now but all my riding this week has been indoors at a nice warm velodrome so it hasn't affected me that much!

the-muffin-man

Loads of black ice over the tops of Matlock this morning. I parked up in the golf club car park for over an hour and a half until the gritter came past (for those who know the area, there's now way I was going to attempt to drive down Slack Hill!). Finally got to work at 10.15.

tjr666
    Free Member

james – yeah pretty much!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ah right I go in there occasionally – my mate used to work with the landlord

tjr666
    Free Member

never even set foot in there actually…only ever been in the wrens nest whilst living in glossop, used to reside in charlesworth. Do you ride locally with a bunch of folk? Don't know anyone locally, not anyone that rides mtb's anyway.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Good Chinese food in the Beehive bizarrely!

Sometimes ride with a few others, sometimes alone, mainly around Hayfield and Rowarth.

Drop me a line if you fancy a Blue Pig ride one day, but I warn you I'm slow 🙂

tjr666
    Free Member

haha, yeah so am i so don';t worry about it, only been back in the saddle again for around 12 months…may have already seen you knocking about, I ride a Kona Blast Deluxe at the moment…

tracknicko
    Free Member

bonkers in north/central shuff (on the way to wharnecliffe) van locks frozen shut, windows under 1cm of solid clear ice.

LETHAL. way scarier than snow.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Sometimes I'm riding an orange Orange 5

stinker
    Free Member

Sorry for the delay TJR666, I'm in Thongsbridge,just outside Holmfirth. Its lethal out. News/weather reckons it will be bad tomorrow too.

Crell
    Free Member

Muffin Man – I was there about 7.30. I sat there for 20 minutes as the cars ahead just span out, and those coming down were all over the place. Thee were no gritters around this morning it seemed. Before that I'd stopped to help pull a VW Polo out of a ditch which doesn't fill you with confidence.

Steep Turnpike was bad enough late on friday night – there was no way I was chancing Slack Hill.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Ice around the Peaks.’ is closed to new replies.