Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I will see your chicken and raise you a pheasent
  • Pigface
    Free Member

today a deranged pheasent decided to take flight as i approached, idiot avian hits fence wigs out and smacks me in the side of the head 😆 all flappy wings and panic. This then causes me to wobble across the road and nearly topple into a ditch. No damage done but they smell awful that close. All together an evenful ride, wish I could find some stamina.

oldgit
    Free Member

Errgh you've got the lurgi now.

yetiguy
    Free Member

came across a pheasnt today (whilst driving), and he wouldnt get out of the road, my son got out to shoo him to the side and then as he got back in the car the pheasant walked back in front of the car.

Three times this happened,

then my son shooed him to the back of the car, ran and got in, as i was driving off, i noticed the bird chasing the car, i was going slow and he was running after the car for a good 100 metres???

WTF?

IdleJon

I ran over a peacock's tail once! Does that trump a pheasant attacking you? It was attached to the bird, obviously..

Talkemada
    Free Member

came across a pheasnt today (whilst driving)

Isn't that more dangerous even than texting while driving? 😯

cheers_drive

There are so many pheasants about at the moment and they really are stupid birds (or maybe just suicidally depressed).
    I think the shooting seasons overs so I reckon the population still high as shoots were cancelled due to the bad winter weather.

KT1973
    Free Member

They're nesting just now- makes them act a bit daft

andrewh
    Free Member

I will see your chicken and raise you a pheasent

I had a very near miss with a pea-hen in a race at Newnham a couple of years ago, they are aufully big close up.

woffle
    Free Member

I got hit in the head by a low-flying partridge once. Knocked me sideways.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I will see your chicken and raise you a pheasent’ is closed to new replies.