Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • I wanna tweed jacket!
  • miketually
    Free Member
    joe1983
    Free Member

Maybe, but I’ll leave the beard

MrNutt
    Free Member

Possibly one of the most stylish events to take place in London this year!

stop! you’re killin’ me!

miketually
    Free Member

I’ve got the beard, just need the jacket.

MrNutt
    Free Member

/looks down guiltily at his shoes

(I had both the beard & the jacket)

mikee
    Free Member

AND A SHOTGUN

MrNutt
    Free Member

…it has been known 🙄

country ways n’ all that

Andy

WRONG..THAT IS SO WRONG

sodafarls
    Free Member

I have several Billy Childish records for sale . No-one else wants them.

devs
    Free Member

I used to have to wear one of those thunderbird jackets. Probably still got one somewhere. Will people laugh at me if I wear it at Laggan?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

My fave pic:

Happy, smiling people on bicycles, and a broken down taxi… 🙂

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i know that ginger guy

his name is hillbilly jim. he raced his dad at rolla kingping the other week

he wasnt wearing tweed though but did have that silly tash/beard thing!!

darrell
    Free Member

excellent photos and the event looked fun

nickc

What was the point behind the “tweed run” other than the obvious?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i think the general idea was to have a day out riding bicycles. it’s a hard concept to grasp for the non-cyclist but i believe they enjoyed themselves?
    i guess much like riding around a muddy field 20 times it’s something you have to try before saying you don’t like it.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

i guess much like riding around a muddy field 20 times it’s something you have to try before saying you don’t like it.

I’ve never tried that, and I know I don’t like it!!

Does that make me a racist?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i dunno. i haven’t ridden in tweed or lapped a muddy field so can’t decide if you are a bigot or not.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

des doing laps of Reading’s rubbish BMX tracks count as 20 laps of a muddy field?

in which case having done both i prefer wearing tweed.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the girl on the left seems to have stolen Sheldon’s gloves!! 😮

myheadsashed

Happy people on bikes – cool

RepacK
    Free Member

Fantastic, love it, awsome. Cant wait to get me a set of Harris Tweeds & Plus Fours & go rip up Whites – if you get in my way Ill blast you with my sawn-off shotgun..KA-BOOM!

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Looks like great fun. Cycling needs more “turn up, ride, smile, have fun” events than all the willy-waving racing / who’s more faux-rugged competitions*

SSP

*they have their place but too many people, bike industry included, place too much emphasis on it!

BigDummy
    Free Member

SSP seconded. The crtical mass haters should be proud of these guys too.

🙂

Ed-O
    Free Member

I like it. Great threads, bit amateurs night on the beard front though. I’m going to get me a 1940s haircut tomorrow.

rOcKeTdOg

what does a 1940’s haircut look like then?

thomthumb
    Free Member
    Gephaudio
    Free Member

You will have to be riding one of these, waaay to cool for me though 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

i think the general idea was to have a day out riding bicycles. it’s a hard concept to grasp for the non-cyclist but i believe they enjoyed themselves?

Blimey, got a chip on your shoulder there MrSmith? You jumped down nickc’s throat a bit there! He was maybe assuming it was a charity ride, or raising awareness, or such like?

It does look fun to me, but I can’t help but feel that its all a bit too cool for me, what with them mostly being fixie riders. And my dad wears tweed regularly, so its hardly a novelty to me 🙂

Ed-O
    Free Member

what does a 1940’s haircut look like then?

Luckily I didn’t get what I went to get ie. razored sides grading up to a slicked back longer top. Rather a sharp short side parting, more of a late Tsar Nicholas look.

rOcKeTdOg

more rasputin i’d have said 😉

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve got the beard, just need the jacket.

Can’t you just pinch one off one of the Geography teachers at work? You’ll get leather elbow patches and everything.

Jack Thurston was talking about this on his radio show recently – he was on the ride, and is one of the founder members of the Tweed Cycling Club. To be quite honest, it seems like a perefectly sensible thing – ride bikes suitable for the flatlands of London, don’t wear technical clothing* to go down the shops, smile, have fun.

What’s not to like?

*But if you want to keep your inner MTB geek alive, while still adopting this style, you can always buy this.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

There was a period in time, about 10 years ago, when my mate and I wore tweed jackets on our jaunts around the pubs of the Hazel Grove to Chapel area.

My mate saw me riding down the A6 in High Lane:

‘I saw you the other day, going hell for tweed down High Lane!’

A classic quote of my youth.

acjim
    Free Member

Loving that lumo-tweed, might have to get a pair of those strides for the summer commute.

Ed-O, I’m afraid you look more like a hobo who’s been smartened up for an interview / family event – trim that beard man! (jealous)

julianwilson
    Free Member

…was the one with the brandy balloon glass and the moroccan butler CaptainFlashHeart then? 😉

Olly
    Free Member

long legged ladies, on long legged bikes, in stylish tweed.
    whats not to like?
    (i too want a tweed jacket)

MrAgreeable

I have several Billy Childish records for sale . No-one else wants them.

I’ll have them off you!

Ed-O, looking good there. Have any Will Oldham fans asked you for autographs yet?

I want to join the tweed revolution too. The problem is, what pedals work with leather-soled shoes? And where can I purchase a handlebar-mounted ashtray?

AdamM
    Free Member

Ed, loving the current beard. Still takes a lot to out do the massive ‘burns though… 😀

I would have loved to take part in the Tweed Ride. A lot of great people having a fun day on bikes riding around London. Ace.

Ed-O
    Free Member

The problem is, what pedals work with leather-soled shoes?

Here are your shoes

Ed, loving the current beard. Still takes a lot to out do the massive ‘burns though…

They’re still under there 😉

thefettler
    Free Member

nowt” new in the world of bike fashion,

when the”safety bike” was introduced 1890″s

that was standard kit,beard too!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘I wanna tweed jacket!’ is closed to new replies.