Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I need to get out more…..
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

…..nature is just amazing.

I’m hoping that photoshoppery hasn’t been used.

http://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-places/

stuartie_c
    Free Member

277/365 by stuartie_c, on Flickr

😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I came home that way over the Col today Stuartie.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, Pete, too much log related activities makes jack a dull boy!. I’d suggested to stuartie a wee stw jaunt again this year if you’re up for it?.

I could squeeze a weekend in June in.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

First weekend in June is out for me, but the other three are up for grabs.

Any thoughts Greg?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not really Stuart, but ideally somewhere I haven’t ridden before. Any ideas?

PiknMix
    Free Member

That first pic makes me hard! And some people think seds are boring!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Possibilities:

Torridon – brilliant riding but we’ve done this before as an STW weekend
    Ballater – ditto (and the weather was so shite I didn’t get back on a bike for 6 months)
    Skye – never ridden here so I’d need to look into the options. Midge hell tough…
    Northern Cairngorms/Aviemore – lots of options, both short and long.
    Kinlochleven/Glencoe

For starters…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Torridon, did that, but going again in sept
    Skye, too far and as you say, midgey hell
    KLL/Glencoe been too many times
    So that leaves ballater, which you’ve done, so rule that out, and aviemore/Cairngorms, which I’d be right up for. I’ve only ridden the Burma road, which was nice views wise, but no the best riding, carn ban mor and loch an Eileen/gamha in that area, so would be up for exploring other stuff.

My preference would be a big bastard high day on the Saturday, and inschriach trails and cake on the Sunday. Sound good?.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sounds like the genesis of a plan…

I’ll need to give some thought to route options though. I’ve ridden a big circuit from Linn of Dee to Fords of A’an to Bynack More to Glenmore to Lairig Ghru to Glen Luibeg and back to the start but it was a BIG undertaking.

Inschriach trails – never ridden them but could possibly be combined with CBM?

I think I’ll listen to some Genesis to give me some inspiration #sellingenglandbythepound

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Aviemore would be good for me too. I’d be up for camping at Rothiemurcus too. NBITF, I’ve still got a bottle of Malt with your name on it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Never mind that, Pete, lets get a road trip going!. Camping at rothiemurchus would be ideal, Pete knows the trails and cakes at inschriach iirc. Ben macdui? Seems to be a few ideas about for ways up and down. That area is perfect, only 2 1/2 hrs from the shire, and an area I want to explore more of. I’ve been spending too much time in the lakes in the last year, need to get back to the real hills.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I know most of the trails that lead to the cake shop. I’ve ridden Ben Macdui from the Dee side, never from the Spey side. I’m up for anything.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve seen pics like that one before, and been to somewhere quite similar. I need to dig out those photos.

It’s pretty easy to find stuff like that. All you need is a plane ticket to LA and a hire car. Not all that expensive compared to a typical guided tour holiday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I need to get out more…..’ is closed to new replies.