Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • i need a van!
  • jedi

i know nothing about cars/vans. anyone got a deal or ideas?

Kuco

How big of a van? transit size or berlingo size.

jedi

small one.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

i have a t4 for sale, 2.5tdi, with seat that folds in to bed, i've had 5 bikes behind backseat. pm me if your interested

Danny

Kuco

Bloke at work got a Ford Connect and highly rates it. Had a lease one for a couple of weeks good load space and found it ok to drive. But also have had a lease Peugeot Partner and out of the two ime id go for the partner just found it better all round to drive.

spooky_b329

Budget?

showerman
    Free Member

transit connect cannot go wrong, been doing 150-200 miles aday in this weather not got stuck and have even left 4×4 in the snow. if you can get the elec pack as it comes with electric heated front screen and air con if possible as the big screen can heat up the inside like a green house in the summer but alround bike..camping vannot a lover of anything french myself

backhander
    Free Member

Caddy, volkswagens are ace. FACT.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

dmetcalfe – Member

i have a t4 for sale, 2.5tdi, with seat that folds in to bed, i've had 5 bikes behind backseat. pm me if your interested

Danny

can i have some details please to robjackson@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

jedi

900 quid?

spooky_b329

£900? Smiley Mk.5 Transit 🙂 No contest.

oxnop
    Free Member

vauxhall 1.3cdti combo is a good bet (we use this as our MTB vehicle) we paid £2.5k for a 05 with 55k. Which was a great deal.

We get 55mpg on a run which is better than the car with bikes on roof which gets 26mpg!

jedi

spooky, a transit is too big

can offer a used twice demo7 too

forge197
    Free Member

Have you not bought a van yet Rob!! 😉

MrGrim

+1 for the current shape 1700 1.3 CDTI Combo, although it might be over your budget.

Mine has only been owned privately. It's a 2006 (06)Bought it with 22k on the clock, FSH, Tax+MOT, new tyres and has the bench seat conversion by these guys. It's only required the usual consumables and does 50-55 mpg with a full load in the back. It's also got the industrial roof rack which is ace for more bikes or luggage. Cost £3,700 (about 9 months ago). Great wee vans.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

One thing to mention with the Connect is the mirrors are sh*te, big downside on a van for me. Also i found the driving position awful as well. IME, etc etc.

steveh

The newer shape and engine combos will be out of your budget but are great vans. Failing that if your not fussy about style etc citroen c15 vans are crazy cheap (like £5k brand new) no style at all but a lot for your money.

Failing that I'd stick with ford couriers or vauxhall combos at that price if a transit is too big.

taka
    Free Member

ldv convoy ex mod 55mpg can fit 12 bikes int back and 6 prople

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi be very carefull buying a van there are alot of sheds around worse than buying a car.Alot of vans are hammered to death
    having owned various vans over the last 25 years it takes a while to find a good secondhand one.Take someone with you that knows about vehicles when you look at them.
    DONT BUY A X ROYAL MAIL VAN they are not maintain very well anymore.BT ones might be better they always look better than ours.Good luck 8)

timberjack
    Free Member

got an ex royal mail combo, absolutely nothing wrong with them, its the 3rd one i've had(crashed the first 2 )

JohnClimber
    Free Member

OT slightly

What's the insurance and tax differences between say a full sized Transit and a Vauxhall Combo 1.3CDTI?

Also can you get a bike in the smaller one without removing the wheels (from the bike)?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

At that kind of price is it not more sensible to buy an estate car? Like dobiejessmo said, there are some absolute munters kicking around and, as a noob, you're prime for getting a lemon.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘i need a van!’ is closed to new replies.