Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I know Evans gets plenty of slagging…
  • MrGreedy

..but credit where credit's due, the Australian guy in the Spitalfields shop was extremely helpful today; knew his stuff, very friendly and they had some good music on the stereo too.

I realise this post is neither exciting nor likely to generate a multi-page flame-fest, but given how quick people are to post on here when something goes wrong it's nice to be able to report a positive experience now and then.

vrapan
    Free Member

Similar experience with Halfords really, catch a decent guy working there and they are very good, otherwise they are rubbish.

In the Watford store there is a guy that seriously knows his stuff and another that is very good. Catch either of them and you get decent service both on your bike and on advice catch anyone else and it is like talking to a brick wall 🙂

ourmaninthenorth

Matt in the Deansgate, Manchester store is friendly and knowledgeable.

But I have to say I use Evans on a price match only basis. They carry the stock, I tip up with my CRC or Ribble print outs and job's a good'un.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    angryratio
    Free Member

Few lads in gateshead are sound. Went in after pikes for a silly online price.
    They were honest about the fact that they could'nt do it (out of stock) but suggested i get them on offer from the other retailer.

Also non aggressive shop floor patter. Suits me.

mk1fan
    Free Member

but given how quick people are to post on here when something goes wrong it's nice to be able to report a positive experience now and then.

How very true.

JoeNation
    Free Member

There's a really cute girl at the Evans in the Chill Factor in Manchester. She almost makes me wish I was single…

In all fairness pretty much all the staff at both Manc stores are knowledgeable and helpful.

Philby

Had a good experience when trying road bikes in the Bristol store last year – better than some of the independents!

whytetrash

mail order has been ace for me….always next day delivery lately too!

gnasher
    Free Member

+1 for the Gateshead store. Back to pedalling after a long time away and received plenty of helpful advice without being pushed into buying from them. Result is they sold me 2 bikes last yr- couldn't fault the service

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I know Evans gets plenty of slagging…’ is closed to new replies.