Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • I keep sitting in the garage just looking at my new bike!!
  • organic355
    Free Member

So excited, keep popping in the garage (beer fridge) but find myself stopping and looking at my
    half built new bike, writing lists and taking snaps on my phone.

My wife has only been away a day and I am already considering sleeping in the garage just so I can see “her” in the morning! 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Why isn’t it in the house if yr wife is away?

anotherbike
    Free Member

Mine’s in the house all the time!!!
    What new bike is it?

organic355
    Free Member

Ha good point, I’ll just set her at the end of the bed!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

taking snaps on my phone.

Well…….

organic355
    Free Member

What new bike is it

Turner flux. I’m like a kid at christmas!

faz083
    Free Member

I do love that feeling, the need to pop to the garage to ‘quickly check something’ and you find yourself staring at it… lol.

organic355
    Free Member

Well……

If you insist, it’s only half built, and all the bits are from my hard tail, with some new additions (seat post, headset, seat clamp). Just waiting on a new chain set, front mech & cables.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

organic355 – Member
    Well……

Ooooooh.

I’m liking that!

I dont even have a comment about the fire hazzard kindling!

Once again: Oooooooh.

mildred

Very nice

CaptainSlow

Very nice.

Enjoy 🙂

Tom83

Omnomnom!

erny
    Free Member

very nice 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

*appreciates wood storage*
    *Indifferent about bouncy geared thing*

😉

timbur
    Free Member

Nice Silkys.
    😀

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike, but why clamp it on the top tube when you’ve got a seat post in it?

stevede
    Free Member

Nice, as said above though – if the wife’s away then that bike should be in the kitchen!

Wookster

Oh dear that’s a looker alright!! Nice mate!!! 😀

organic355
    Free Member

PSA. Ive clamped it on the seatpost to keep you lot happy!! Still need to cut the post though as its bottoming out on the weld in the frame so its just in for aesthetic reasons just now. Seems a shame to cut the lovely Thomson post!! (BTW this is my 1st Thomson and the hype is to be believed, lovely piece of engineering and screams quality).

mamadirt
    Free Member

You keep that in the garage! 😯

All mine live in the kitchen, but then again I don’t have a wife 😆

Lovely looking bike btw 😛

ahwiles
    Free Member

aah, you’ve even put a piece of cloth in the stand-clamp, i remember feeling that way about my ‘mule’…

young love eh!

X

Kryton57

Could be worse, you could be looking at your fully assembled ready to go bikes wondering when the weather will let you ride… :-/

geetee1972
    Free Member

Looks like a hatchet job.

Nice bike though.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I thought the first law of photographing a new Turner was that the pic had to be taken on the couch.

The gap between the bottom headset cup and fork crown looks large, what’s going on there?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    *appreciates wood storage*
    *Indifferent about bouncy geared thing fails to understand that not all bikes are ugly and made of scaffolding pipes….*

FTFY. 😉

DrP

I can see a human hand in that tinder pile…..

DrP

organic355
    Free Member

The gap between the bottom headset cup and fork crown looks large, what’s going on there?

I think (hope..no pun intended) you are just seeing the white grease at the bottom.

The crown race on the hope headset is a split type, so i just slid it on the fork steerer without much effort. the crown race also comes attached to a rubber seal ()… which is the black bit above the white bit.

Youve got me worried though so I will take it apart and check it, but i think the crown race is on as far as it will go.

anyone got a close up of their hope headset?

Rich
    Free Member

Really nice looking bike, but I think it would look better without the red on the forks, as it’s the wrong shade for all the red components! 😉

organic355
    Free Member

yep I agree about the red on the forks, considering putting the silver/grey stickers on, or alternatively getting some new 120mm SIDS like below which I think would tie in better. gotta Clear the credit card 1st though!!

reckon I should try the stickers or will that affect re-sale value of the forks?

Rich
    Free Member

It would look great with the silver stickers, so I’d personally do that, as long as they are official Rock Shox stickers I don’t see why it would affect resale value, but that will have to be your call. Make sure it’s well secured against theft! 🙂

thered

Very nice

philfive
    Free Member

excellent selection of man tools on the wall aswell 😀

colournoise

What brakes are those?

slainte ❓ rob

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

The guy has an axe rack. Awesome.

Bike looks nice too. Extra points as it would have been so easy to make that look crap.

organic355
    Free Member

What brakes are those?

Avid elixir CR. the CR stands for castrated rooster as thats what they sound like when they get wet.

having sticky issues with them actually, have bled them, but caliper is sticking, not got round to trying the fixes suggested on another thread on here yet. Been doing cables tonight.

Just weighed it too, as is, without crankset, BB, pedals and chain and it comes in at 9.5kg, so reckon total build will be around 10.5kg, which is only 700g heavier than my carbon hardtail!!!

ononeorange

Great woodpile (if not quite McMoonter standard). Well done.

(Oh that immensely distracting Roadkill T-Shirt advert is back again….mmmmm).

sam_underhill

I built my flux in the kitchen! Swimbo was mildly miffed at the message left behind when I took of for a ride and left a mess behind!

Nice looking ride. Enjoy.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Ditch the Avids! Most troublesome brakes ever. Shimano SLX/XT or if you’re filthy rich a set of Magura MT8’s would look awesome on that build.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘I keep sitting in the garage just looking at my new bike!!’ is closed to new replies.