• This topic has 181 replies, 92 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 182 total)
  • Parcelforce assault with lazer? any advice on the law concerning this?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

he has been scanned by radioactivity 😯

Do you have super powers yet?
    is there a spider near you that could bite you?

franksinatra

see if you could get the postie to use his ‘lazer’ to melt the decking and garden furniture parked outside ASDA

Milkie
    Free Member

3 times is taking the piss.. I would’ve let a tyre down or hit in the stomach… Must’ve been something wrong with my arm, or your tyre, must be catching!

I would certainly report it… But I also know trying to get ParcelFarce to take anything seriously is like getting blood from a stone.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Anyone know about lazer’s and will it have left any trace on my eyes, any damage?

Was he using the laser to scan a barcode or cut the parcel in half?

Lasers must be CE certified and comply with EN60825-1:2007 in order to be legally placed on the market in the EU. You could check the scanner for a CE mark and request a copy of the Deceleration of Conformity from the manufacturer. This should be publicly available.

In the event of a potential claim where you can prove partial loss of vision your legal team can request sight of the technical construction file to verify the claims in the DoC.

However, if he was scanning, not cutting*, it’s likely a Class 2M laser, in which case you are protected by your natural blink aversion, unless you were using an optical instrument to look into the beam (magnifying glass, microscope, binoculars). Or you had matchsticks in your eyes.

Since I suspect you weren’t using binoculars and probably blinked, I’d recommend you MTFU.

* If he was cutting, it’ll be a Class 4 laser but should be in a sealed room and protected by interlocks.

wwaswas

I suspect innocent bystanders were also in danger from the reflections off kaesaes tinfoil hat?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Lazer cat delivers even when you’re out.

franksinatra

Since I suspect you weren’t using binoculars

Never assume anything. Kaesae may have been taking reciept of a very tiny parcel.

GrahamS

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4Uq_2VPhE[/video]

D0NK

please stop I’m at work here, can’t keep loling.

richc
    Free Member

When you were scanned, did you see what you came up as?

kaesae
    Free Member

So they are dangerous but if I blink I will be fine 😯

Will it have left any trace on my eyes that can be detected at all?

scuzz
    Free Member

You can make your own laser for next time with jelly, two mirrors, tinfoil and a camera flash. Get a pair of laser safety glasses too and you’ll be set for a duel.

franksinatra

Its a bloody bar code scanner, not a James Bond planet destroyer. Get over it.

wwaswas

you’ll be fine.

gwaelod
    Free Member

were you flying a police helicopter at the time?

franksinatra

Can we guess….. I’m reckon he came up as a fruit cake.

jam-bo

You can make your own laser for next time with jelly, two mirrors, tinfoil and a camera flash. Get a pair of laser safety glasses too and you’ll be set for a duel.

I’d imagine all his tinfoil is already in use….

aracer
    Free Member

It appears to have affected your brain actually I remember now – you’re normally like this aren’t you?

wwaswas

I’m reckon he came up as a fruit cake.

🙂

brakes
    Free Member

you should go the chemist and ask for some anti-laser eye drops which will get rid of any traces of laser beam.
    with any luck they will have you sectioned.

MSP

Yes light beams from class 2 lasers have a half life of 4,567,429 years.
    they will continue to bounce around inside your eyes long after you have popped your mortal coil.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Is this you earlier this week?

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Thread of the day! “I’ve been assaulted by a bar code scanner”. Brilliant.

bigrich

harden up princess.

richc
    Free Member

Can we guess….. I’m reckon he came up as a fruit cake.

My money is on either:

or

wwaswas

The parcelforce driver makes another delivery;

Junkyard
    Free Member

kasae later this evening

lowey

LOL! Class STW banter on this thread lads… keep it up and it will be up there with Badger!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Never assume anything. Kaesae may have been taking reciept of a very tiny parcel.

maybe it was a DIY eyesight laser correction kit?

Dancake
    Free Member

kaesae might be right. Another scanner attack;this guy blinked and burned an image of his eyes to his eyelids

jon1973
    Free Member

Next time he tries to do it just get out a small mirror and reflect it back in his eyes.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

junkyard
    think more

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Tricky one. If it’s burnt your retina, you won’t be able to see. So not sure how you’d detect the damage. Have you got a big gap in your vision?

IanMunro
    Free Member

How many fingers am I holding up?

alex222
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7bYNAHXxw[/video]

Elmo
    Free Member

I’vvvvvve flaaashhhhed myyyyysellllf mmmmany aaaa tiiimme.

I’zzze isss fiiiinne.

coffeeking
    Free Member

So they are dangerous but if I blink I will be fine

It’ll be a class 1 or class 2 laser so it’s intrinsically safe, i.e. class 1 is weak enough to cause no damage anyway, class 2 would only damage you if you stared at it and prevented your blink reflex working properly mechanically. If you were forced to blink, you’re safe. If you didn’t blink it wasn’t bright enough to hurt you. The ones you need to worry about are the ones you can’t see or the ones behind guards that you can’t reach unless you’re trained – then life gets more fun.

Stop your whining.

cbike
    Free Member

Have you ever used a self service till? Or been outside without holding your mothers hand?

zilog6128

barcode scanners use low-power (compared to Trout Light) LEDS not “lazers”. MTFU and get over it.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Do you look like this?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘Parcelforce assault with lazer? any advice on the law concerning this?’ is closed to new replies.