Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I just activated the n+1 formula and got the green light.
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Is it any good, I’ve no idea? It’s cheap and hopefully maintenance free. Got the opportunity to cycle to work every day soon and I didn’t want to use the full suss plus this will lock up without too much worry I think.
    Nice one Mr ws
    new bike

johnw1984
    Free Member

Looks like a decent no nonsense commuter, I like it!

cokie

Nice! Looks like an honest bike.
    I’m tempted by one for the winter muck. It’s cheaper than replacing my drivetrain and servicing the forks.

Poopscoop

Wow,

Like that!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice one. The “commute” will be a combo of road/bridal way so it should hopefully be sound. However I don’t know who did the test riding and decided that a 32×18 ratio will allow you to “climb comfortably”. I’ll be blowing out of my arse on owt but tarmac 😆

philjunior
    Free Member

Unless you’ve got a particularly hilly route, you’ll probably end up finding that ratio a bit low. You’d be surprised what you can keep turning up a hill when you don’t have the choice of changing gear!

Edit – just re-read your comment. Yeah uphill off road will be a challenge, but the above still applies except for my expectation of you upping the ratio!

Looks nice. Enjoy the ride!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

32:18 is a very common combination used on 29ers.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks decent, nice and simple. I may consider something similar for wet rides!

the-muffin-man

Singlespeed commute, everyday, around our area! 😕

I used to ride singlespeed but found if I wasn’t in the mood to attack, it was just a slog.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I only liked the singlespeed when on a hilly ride (no too hilly mind!), on the flat it’s bloody dull IMO.

BillOddie

That looks ace and a very nice price!

Only medium and smaller 650B bikes left though. If they had a Large 29er I might be tempted!

survivor

No mounts for mudguards if it’s for commuting. Nice looking bike though.

kerley
    Free Member

32 X 18 would be way too low for me.

32 X 16 would be closer to what I use in Winter and 32 X 15 in summer although still a bit lower than what I actually use.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Singlespeed commute, everyday, around our area! 

Needless to say muffin man I will be going no where near newbridge!!!

johnw1984
    Free Member

I have a self built single speed snotter. The hump bridge going over the canal has done wonders for my leg strength (especially with 36×16).

harryjan
    Free Member

40 x 14 on my 1970’s Dawes Galaxy commuter 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bars on, cheap pedals on, no lights on 😳 and a bez down the pavement. That bike is going to be a lot of fun….

theboyneeds
    Free Member

Sweet ride. Nice colour too. I use a 34 x 18 for all off road but the 34 is oval which makes quite a difference when you’re out of the seat stomping up a hill! I’ve got a 16 for those lovely dry and dusty summer days when I’m not carting a kilo of mud around with me.

Enjoy it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I just activated the n+1 formula and got the green light.’ is closed to new replies.